News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Progress [AKA: The Current Wiki Discussion]

Started by jephrey, November 27, 2006, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

If anyone else still checks out the wiki, I modified the front page and got rid of the just added section.  I ain't going to add something there every time I enter a new thing, however, I made links to all page types I could think of.  I added "Category" pages and tagged the albums and venues, and cleaned up the Songs page.  Also, I changed the name of the albums...  Proper naming should be Hoist-Album or Lawn Boy-Album (put-Album on everything even if there's no song named that too).  It'd be nice to have a sweet image just in that section...

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

awesome, great work!  I check it out daily, even if i don't make a post about it...  i'm always looking at the Recent Changes - and all i've been seeing is you kicking some ass!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jephrey

NEW to check out.  All 1998 setlists are in!  I killed my projected 12/31 deadline.  I'm going to work on songs, as well as hopefully finishing up the 2000 statistics section.  I'd also like to do a little on each tour page and get a few more venues in.  Just did Bowie as well.  Big one!

Who knows, if one person helps, we could make some headway.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

just entered 2001!!  (not the year, the song)

:banana:
-Phish

jephrey

hey-hey!

did you use the macro?  How'd it go?

And this one is a tough one

Category Song or CoverSong?  I see you have song, and I suppose I'd agree as it is a total Phish-type rendition of a cover of a cover and even Phish gives it its own name as opposed to using ASZ.  I'd be OK with either but what does everyone else think?

J

tet

yes, used the macro - ran into a few hiccups with song names, and had to reformat the "C" column because it was strangely in "date" format, so once i made that to integers, all was good!  pretty kickass!!!
-Phish

noraa

if a show does not have an entry in etree's database should I just link the show to the year page?  http://db.etree.org/bd_d.php?year=1989&artist_key=4

also, what do we do if we can only find one source (Companion) for a show?
anyone who sweats like that must be alright

jephrey

If you're talking about setlist entry, use whatever source of information you have.  If you have only one, use it.  These things will eventually be updated as tapes surface and people start using the wiki more.  I don't think linking to the year in the DB does anything worthwhile.  I'd take out the link to the database.  I would, however, link to the DNC list.

*This show does not circulate.  See it in the [[DNC]] list.

The only reason for linking to the show in the database is to see what sources circulate, all other information at the database is on our page.

Now, if it's in the database but doesn't circulate, I'd put both links (although I don't think shows that don't circulate are in the DB).  If it's not in the DB, but does circulate, you may want to verify that and find out about adding it to the db so you can have a link to it.

Sound good?

j

noraa

anyone who sweats like that must be alright