News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

anybody making anything good...

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, November 18, 2007, 03:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 21, 2007, 01:33:22 PM

sucks living in the south, too...
EVERYTHING is either made in animal fat or cooked with some kind of meats...

You're not kidding!  Believe it or not, I was a vegetarian for a stint.  That is, until I took a job down south.  :-)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 21, 2007, 03:43:31 PM
weird things the human body can do or not do.
an extrodinary machine.

You got that right. I've been watching my wife's body build a baby for a while. It's just awesome. Sorry about your sis, too--but glad she's got you around.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 21, 2007, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 21, 2007, 03:43:31 PM
weird things the human body can do or not do.
an extrodinary machine.

You got that right. I've been watching my wife's body build a baby for a while. It's just awesome. Sorry about your sis, too--but glad she's got you around.

oh oh oh!!
babies are amazing things to watch grow...
just knowing that everything that kid will have for it's entir elife is being made inside of that little place.
so freakin' amazing!

and i try to help with her diet, it's just all in IF she plans to listen ;)

Quote from: antelope19 on November 21, 2007, 03:51:09 PM

You're not kidding!  Believe it or not, I was a vegetarian for a stint.  That is, until I took a job down south.  :-)

yeah, that's really just NOT an option down this way :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

antelope19

Well, ladies and gents, I'm gettin' outta here a little early.  If you're celebrating, have a great holiday and travel safely. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: antelope19 on November 21, 2007, 04:25:00 PM
Well, ladies and gents, I'm gettin' outta here a little early.  If you're celebrating, have a great holiday and travel safely. 

most def!!

happy thanksgiving, everyone that's checking out early!!!
stuff yer face :)  & travel safe!
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

sunrisevt

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on November 21, 2007, 03:56:42 PM
oh oh oh!!
babies are amazing things to watch grow...
just knowing that everything that kid will have for it's entir elife is being made inside of that little place.
so freakin' amazing!
Totally! I try to restrain myself, so I don't sound like a dork, but hell--ultrasound is so cool! Last prenatal visit we could see all 4 chambers of the heart, the aortic valve opening & closing, and the kid turned to face us and stuck out his/her tongue! So freaking cool.

Quote from: antelope19 on November 21, 2007, 03:51:09 PM

yeah, that's really just NOT an option down this way :)
[/quote]
I heard that, too. My sister travels in Europe a fair amount for school, and has a bitch of a time getting lo-protein foods... "vegan" works as a short cut in the States, at least in cities and such, but "no dairy or meat" just doesn't compute in Italy.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sunrisevt

I'll be off soon too, but I'm hoping for a few drunk posts tomorrow evening....

willsteele

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 21, 2007, 04:39:37 PM
I'll be off soon too, but I'm hoping for a few drunk posts tomorrow evening....

Good idea.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

Bobafett

Quote from: sunrisevt on November 20, 2007, 08:23:13 PM

BTW, Bobafett, why duck, specifically? I'm just curious.

Duck is just what most of Am. foie gras is, as imported goose foie gras is not legal in the us for import.  Magret duck is the specific french breed used in Modern Production...further research is needed for the next step in the project, which is locating the exact breed of goose that the Egyptians ate when Foie Gras was first noticed...every goose they killed before the migration would have livers that were over 35% of total body weight...it was one of Cleopatras favorite luxury items...
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

sunrisevt

^^^Very cool. My old man was actually in France last week and brought back about 1/4kg of foie gras wrapped tight.

I'm still curious--are there North American geese you could breed for foie gras? Or are the ducks you're using from French stock? I think it's pretty interesting.

I was actually supposed to go pheasant hunting this morning with a bunch of family, but a mink or something got into the barn and killed all our friend's birds. Tragic. :-(