News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Anastasio Spring 2005 Tour

Started by guyforget, March 03, 2005, 12:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyforget

4/26 Landmark Theater, Richmond, VA
4/27 Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, TN
4/29 Beale Street Festival, Memphis, TN
5/1 Jazzfest, New Orleans, LA
5/3 Township Auditorium, Columbia, SC
5/4 Ovens Auditorium, Charlottte, NC
5/6 Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA
5/7 Taft Theatre, Cincinnati, OH
5/8 Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee, WI
5/10 Auditorium Theatre, Chicago, IL
5/11 Veterans Memorial Auditorium, Columbus, OH
5/13 Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
5/14 Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY

What shows are you going to try to hit?  Richmond thru Charlotte looks like a good run.  Cinci thru Columbus could be a good run for midwest peeps.  Any ideas whos gonna be playing with him?  Website also says that "supporting acts" will be announced soon, wonder who those could be?
-AD_

jephrey

So I thikn my wife's going to schedule a c-section for April 28...  Her parents will be at our place for a week or 2 after that which just might be enough for her to see the light and let me out to either the Milwaukee or Chicago show.

Pleeeeeeeeeease?

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Blaise

I'll probalbly go to chicago and maybe milwaukee, the rave sucks though(see worst venue thread)

mattstick

Watch out for my Jetta on the road for the first 6!

Bill

Blaise, any idea whether it's actually the Rave or the Eagle's Ballroom?  There is always confusion on these two, although they're in the same building.  Hell, I've seen the bands and promoters get it wrong.  The Rave is the cave in the basement and the Eagle's Ballroom is the boomy room upstairs.

ucusty

first seven for me!  cant miss the atlanta show!!!

jedifunk

perhaps we should try to do a few, week4paug.net gatherings at a few of these shows?  the wife & i will be trying to hit up perhaps milwalkee & chitown.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

guyforget

Quote from: ucustyfirst seven for me!  cant miss the atlanta show!!!

Damn!  We're lookin' at doing the first 6 but going all the way back to GA just seems out of the way.  Youre lucky that youre already in NC, Im another 8 hours north and mattstick is.....   well, he's pretty fuckin far north.   :lol:  :D  8)  :?

First 6 looks like fun, anyway....  Beale Street + Jazzfest could be toxic.
-AD_

kkaye

Ill be at the NYC shows. Anyone hear about the band?

Ray is the only member to stay, its a 5 piece band
and the record will be out before the tour. The others will be from that one off gig
in Atl, no horns, total new sound! Woo HOO!

Blaise

I believe that there is three sifferent rooms(stages) at the eagles ballroom in milwaukee. Boomy room upstairs that doubles as an oven, a smaller medium size room, and a basement stage where the celieng couldn't be taller than 9/10 ft. All three rooms have their own negative aspects and all suffer from the poor managament of the venue and its sketchy vibe.

emperor_brian

I'm probably going to try to hit at least Cincinnati and Columbus if nothing else, for what that's worth.

Anyone else going to be there?
"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open." - Frank Zappa

mattstick

Milwaukee is on sale now!  1:46am the night before - if you're up late and need tix - go go go!

guyforget

QuoteTrey Anastasio will unveil his new project Friday, April 1st at the Higher Ground Ballroom, 1214 Williston Road, South Burlington, VT. Doors will open at 8:00 pm, showtime will be 9:00 pm. This will mark the first appearance of Trey`s new band, featuring Peter Chwazik (bass), Les Hall (keyboards), Ray Paczkowski (keyboards) and Skeeto Valdez (drums).

http://treyanastasio.com/news/article.php?full=1&id=1086

2 people bangin' the keys?  Very interesting indeed...
-AD_

Read Icculus

Have my Chicago and Cinci tickets and ready to go! Looking foward to ega3 pulling something out.

An April Fool's day show to debut the band? Interesting indeed!

I predict Trey breaks out his keys ala summer 99! (PT beat me to the prediction)

The Kavalry! :)

rowjimmy

Only catching one but, I'll be row E center orchestra @ The Mosque in Richmond.

(some may call it the landmark, but to virginians like myself.. it's always gonna be The Mosque)

Can't wait.