News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

John Adams series on HBO

Started by cleech74, March 31, 2008, 07:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

Anyone else seen this?

I've watched Ep's 1 & 2, and it's pretty good.  Paul Giamatti is John Adams, Laura Linney is his wife.  David Morse is George Washington.  The roles of Sam Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and Ben Franklin were cast well.  Not household names, but people you've probably seen in something else.

Check it out, if you have the time.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

jedifunk

yeah, i keep seeing it on, but have failed to catch it at the beginning.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

don't get HBO, but wish I did for this. Enjoyed the book (actually, enjoyed all McCullough's books I've read)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

we're enjoying this....watched the third installment last night, might watch the 4th tonight....

rowjimmy

I'm waiting for the DVD...
(No HBO.)

JimmyWilson

There are some slow points, but overall I think they did a great job

ytowndan

I haven't checked it out yet... a few of my friends keep telling me how good it is.  Maybe I'll check them out this week.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Guyute

we just had a free preview of HBO so I watched the first 3.  Really into it, too bad there is nothing else on HBO that makes me want to pay for it.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

blatboom

I finally sat down and watched an episode (#4 I think) and it was great!  definitely going to go back and watch them from the beginning now.  it's on the Band of Brothers quality level as far as look and performance goes (Tom Hanks was involved in that one as well)