News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

paug art gallery

Started by jedifunk, April 29, 2008, 08:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

cool.  So in general, do you find yourself doing a lot of post editing?  I am sure you are at the point where you are good enough to not have to.  Or at least it seems that way in your work.  I on the other hand do this because I really enjoy it and am still a novice. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jedifunk

yeah, i don't really do a lot of post-processing....  i try my best to get it right in-camera... i will also usually do anywhere from 3-10 frames of each composition to get the best combo of aperture & shutter speed.

i shoot almost exclusively on a tripod... and i'm mostly an aperture priority sort of guy... and i usually try to shoot at f/8 or f/11.  just something that i learned from my dad.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Interesting.  I am beginning to use the tripod more and more.  It's been a bit of a struggle because I can be ADD at times and I really enjoy shooting sports too.  But for the nature stuff, I am learning it is necessary.

jedifunk

speaking of my father... i may or may not have mentioned it here, but he is a professor of photography at pacific university in oregon.  he's been teaching photography for over 25 years.

anyhoo, a few years back he bought me my old powebook g4 in exchange for doing the layout, design, and typesetting for his Intro to Photography book that he uses in his 100 level course.

its a great book for getting all the basics ingrained in your head.

if you're interested i could send you a pdf of the book to help you raise your skill level.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mattstick

jedifunk

thats one way to interpret "paug art gallery" ;)
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

Quote from: jedifunk on May 22, 2008, 05:20:53 PM
speaking of my father... i may or may not have mentioned it here, but he is a professor of photography at pacific university in oregon.  he's been teaching photography for over 25 years.

anyhoo, a few years back he bought me my old powebook g4 in exchange for doing the layout, design, and typesetting for his Intro to Photography book that he uses in his 100 level course.

its a great book for getting all the basics ingrained in your head.

if you're interested i could send you a pdf of the book to help you raise your skill level.

PM sent

mattstick

Quote from: jedifunk on May 23, 2008, 09:31:31 AM

Calling photography "art" is too...

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on May 23, 2008, 10:58:09 AM

seriously?  You no likey photography?

WillBreathes

Quote from: mattstick on May 23, 2008, 10:58:09 AM

Photography is art.

Picture taking/snap shots are not.

And yes, there is a difference.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

mattstick

I always considered it more of a science.

Anyone can take a good picture.  It may happen by accident or randomly, that's why there are professional photographers.

jedifunk

anyone can paint a picture too... its all in the expression..

photography is simply a medium by which one can express themselves, just the same as watercolor, or sculpture is.

thats beside the point really... i started this thread with the hope that members would post "their own artwork" be it photographs, drawings, paintings, whatever...

but now that you've gone and posted something that you purchased, i suppose that just as acceptable as user created art...  thoughts?
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

antelope19

I think that's fine.  I am sure some people have nice collections.

jedifunk

ha... considering its really just been you and i in this thread anyways, i agree :D
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

well i might stop in if you hadnt totally ripped off a thread i started 2 and a half years ago, put your name on it and then made it sticky.  :-P  :wink:

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=1716.30
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-