Author Topic: Vinyl  (Read 374647 times)

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Re: Vinyl
« Reply #13035 on: April 12, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »
I'll have to post it later, as I'm at work right now, but I still have the Free CD single and the Strange Design in the video rj posted is not the one on the CD.
Well, fucked if I wasn't wrong. My bad, Terry.  :shakehead:
And to make it more confusing there is a third second version that they recorded during the Billy Breathes sessions.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:42:18 PM by mistercharlie »
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline susep

• Gamehendge
« Reply #13036 on: April 12, 2018, 04:32:22 PM »
Was really hoping for the expanded BB including the Blob. 

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #13037 on: April 12, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »
I'll have to post it later, as I'm at work right now, but I still have the Free CD single and the Strange Design in the video rj posted is not the one on the CD.
And to make it more confusing there is a third second version that they recorded during the Billy Breathes sessions.

The version I was thinking of starts at 4:50 on this video:
https://youtu.be/xAG63Z3iv40?t=4m50s
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #13038 on: April 12, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »

:-P

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #13039 on: April 12, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »

Page sounds like he's on ludes on that version. 

ETA: Actually sounds like the whole tape is running slow, bummer. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 07:05:23 PM by Hicks »
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #13040 on: April 13, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »

Page sounds like he's on ludes on that version. 

ETA: Actually sounds like the whole tape is running slow, bummer.

I agree. It does sound a bit slow.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #13041 on: April 13, 2018, 09:39:41 AM »
MMMMMMM, ludes.
I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #13042 on: April 19, 2018, 12:32:08 PM »
Hoping I can grab one of the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison box sets, Phish and possibly either the GD or Allmans live sets.
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #13043 on: April 19, 2018, 12:53:32 PM »
 :frustrated:  This almost/really belongs in the 'Today I Hate' thread, but it has more of an impact here... Our AC blew-out and is being replaced today. $3500 really puts a HUGE dent in my funds for RSD.  Looks like I'll settle for the Billy Breathes that will come out later and I'll just have to stick with my OG Run For The Roses instead of grabbing the pretty damned cool looking version that being released on RSD.  :shakehead:

On the plus side at least the AC went out the first time we tried using it in the spring instead of going out in the midst of the coming 100o summer we have coming.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #13044 on: April 20, 2018, 10:58:58 AM »
I wouldn't sweat the Run For The Roses.
It's pretty and all but the OG is good and easy enough to find.

Some of these reissues are redic.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #13045 on: April 20, 2018, 12:13:04 PM »
Sleep dropped a new album today.  there were uber limited 420 editions in select stores.
made it to one of them and they said they sold out in the first minute they opened.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #13046 on: April 21, 2018, 12:59:08 AM »
:frustrated:  This almost/really belongs in the 'Today I Hate' thread, but it has more of an impact here... Our AC blew-out and is being replaced today. $3500 really puts a HUGE dent in my funds for RSD.  Looks like I'll settle for the Billy Breathes that will come out later and I'll just have to stick with my OG Run For The Roses instead of grabbing the pretty damned cool looking version that being released on RSD.  :shakehead:

On the plus side at least the AC went out the first time we tried using it in the spring instead of going out in the midst of the coming 100o summer we have coming.

Ugh dude.  That sucks.  If there is something you want but can't get, let me know.  I still owe you one.

Also, I am looking for, if anyone sees:

(In addition to Phsh and GD):

DJ Spooky
Van Morrison Moondance Alt.
Bowie Live '78 2lp
Duke Reid All Stars with Roland Alphonso (this one is going to be impossible I think)
Skatalites

If anyone sees any of those and can scoop for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Already have Hicks looking for an extra BB for my bro-in-law since I can only make it to one store tomorrow.

Offline mopper_smurf

• In the Band
  • Build that damn time machine
    • Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
« Reply #13047 on: April 21, 2018, 01:28:38 AM »
I'l be off to my favourite shop in half an hour (it's 7.30 A over here). They open at 8.00, serving coffee and croissants. Sale starts at 9.00. So I got an hour to indulge in my incurable habit of discussing music with like-minded folks.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | InstagramVimeo | Ello

Did you hear that, Trey? He's getting annoyed. Enough with the effects already.

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #13048 on: April 21, 2018, 02:24:53 AM »

Ugh dude.  That sucks.  If there is something you want but can't get, let me know.  I still owe you one.

Also, I am looking for, if anyone sees:

(In addition to Phsh and GD):
HU
DJ Spooky
Van Morrison Moondance Alt.
Bowie Live '78 2lp
Duke Reid All Stars with Roland Alphonso (this one is going to be impossible I think)
Skatalites

If anyone sees any of those and can scoop for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Already have Hicks looking for an extra BB for my bro-in-law since I can only make it to one store tomorrow.

Oh yeah DJ Spooky does look sick, thanks for the reminder!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline mopper_smurf

• In the Band
  • Build that damn time machine
    • Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
« Reply #13049 on: April 21, 2018, 04:07:05 AM »

Snatched all four RSD releases I really wanted.   :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

My shop had only 1 copy of the Rory Gallagher album and the Jim Hendrix live EP
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | InstagramVimeo | Ello

Did you hear that, Trey? He's getting annoyed. Enough with the effects already.