News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on September 17, 2015, 11:51:38 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 17, 2015, 11:28:33 PM
Quote from: mattstick on September 17, 2015, 08:11:45 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 17, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: mattstick on September 17, 2015, 07:52:33 PM
Anyone gonna pre-order the Ryan Adams Taylor Swift 1989 at midnight?
Isn't that just the iTunes preorder?
Ryan's tweet said CD&LP were coming soon.

Yeah, now that I look at it... the Rolling Stone press release seemed to indicate it was all pre-orders tonight.

Struggling to understand the purpose of pre-ordering a digital release...

I'm struggling with most of this conversation.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

This cracked me up...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Igbo

Too funny.

I remember when I first got the Daktaris record searching on the Internet (pre Google) to see if there were other records.

gah

that's great. people are stupid.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

Got home today to find that my Junta ordered from Bull Moose, blue vinyl Rift ordered from Dry Goods, and the frame I ordered for the Welker Print from Amazon all arrived today.  It's a great day in the BatCave!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

blatboom

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 17, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: mattstick on September 17, 2015, 07:52:33 PM
Anyone gonna pre-order the Ryan Adams Taylor Swift 1989 at midnight?
Isn't that just the iTunes preorder?
Ryan's tweet said CD&LP were coming soon.
that's a yes

blatboom

there's no listing for the black Rift on discogs I wanna catalog that shit dammit

mbw

Quote from: blatboom on September 19, 2015, 06:06:40 PM
there's no listing for the black Rift on discogs I wanna catalog that shit dammit

Be the hero we all need.

Caravan2001

There will be no records bought until after Mexico :-(.  The Great Spending Freeze of 2015 is in full effect.  I am so tapped.  I'm selling a ton of wax though. 

Igbo

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 19, 2015, 09:36:06 PM
There will be no records bought until after Mexico :-(.  The Great Spending Freeze of 2015 is in full effect.  I am so tapped.  I'm selling a ton of wax though.

Are you putting it up on eBay? Paug first dibs?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on September 20, 2015, 08:02:22 AM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 19, 2015, 09:36:06 PM

Are you putting it up on eBay? Paug first dibs?

This

tet

I don't think anyone here wants to pony up for that signed, sealed (original pressing) Lawn Boy he's holding... 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Caravan2001

Quote from: tet on September 20, 2015, 11:54:05 AM
I don't think anyone here wants to pony up for that signed, sealed (original pressing) Lawn Boy he's holding...

Well, that one's on Discogs for $999, so knock yourself out if you do want it, lol.  But yeah, most of the stuff I am going to be selling is collector (over $100) and mostly jazz and punk, so not sure how much interest there will be here.  If anyone is looking for yellow label Prestige or certain DG Mono Blue Notes, hit me up, but they're all going to be big ticket albums. 

Gundo

I was at a local record shop today to pick up my monthly vinyl (singular) which inevitably ends up with me walking out with 2-5 records under my arm and a slight feeling of shame. But I noticed there was a Rift vinyl at the store. I got a copy at Magna for myself and while standing in line, PG noted that some people in the tent were scrambling around for the lowest gold press numbers on the back of the covers. Didn't think much of it as all I really wanted was the record regardless. I guess what I'm getting at is do the Rift vinyls with the gold press numbers on the back mean it's the blue wax? It was only $50. If it's the blue vinyl I'll gladly swoop it up for anyone that would like the blue vinyl and send it your way.

mistercharlie

Quote from: EdBanky on September 21, 2015, 02:57:40 AM
I was at a local record shop today to pick up my monthly vinyl (singular) which inevitably ends up with me walking out with 2-5 records under my arm and a slight feeling of shame. But I noticed there was a Rift vinyl at the store. I got a copy at Magna for myself and while standing in line, PG noted that some people in the tent were scrambling around for the lowest gold press numbers on the back of the covers. Didn't think much of it as all I really wanted was the record regardless. I guess what I'm getting at is do the Rift vinyls with the gold press numbers on the back mean it's the blue wax? It was only $50. If it's the blue vinyl I'll gladly swoop it up for anyone that would like the blue vinyl and send it your way.

The gold press numbers were only on the blue vinyl, there should also be an orange sticker on the front saying "This version contains a limited edition print by David Welker".
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.