News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Vinyl

Started by tet, May 03, 2008, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I'll have to post it later, as I'm at work right now, but I still have the Free CD single and the Strange Design in the video rj posted is not the one on the CD.
Well, fucked if I wasn't wrong. My bad, Terry.  :shakehead:
And to make it more confusing there is a third second version that they recorded during the Billy Breathes sessions.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

Was really hoping for the expanded BB including the Blob. 

mistercharlie

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 12, 2018, 11:33:55 AM
I'll have to post it later, as I'm at work right now, but I still have the Free CD single and the Strange Design in the video rj posted is not the one on the CD.
And to make it more confusing there is a third second version that they recorded during the Billy Breathes sessions.

The version I was thinking of starts at 4:50 on this video:
https://youtu.be/xAG63Z3iv40?t=4m50s
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 12, 2018, 06:42:28 PM

:-P

Hicks

Page sounds like he's on ludes on that version. 

ETA: Actually sounds like the whole tape is running slow, bummer. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on April 12, 2018, 06:54:22 PM

Page sounds like he's on ludes on that version. 

ETA: Actually sounds like the whole tape is running slow, bummer.

I agree. It does sound a bit slow.

Buffalo Budd

MMMMMMM, ludes.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

shoreline99

Hoping I can grab one of the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison box sets, Phish and possibly either the GD or Allmans live sets.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

mistercharlie

:frustrated:  This almost/really belongs in the 'Today I Hate' thread, but it has more of an impact here... Our AC blew-out and is being replaced today. $3500 really puts a HUGE dent in my funds for RSD.  Looks like I'll settle for the Billy Breathes that will come out later and I'll just have to stick with my OG Run For The Roses instead of grabbing the pretty damned cool looking version that being released on RSD.  :shakehead:

On the plus side at least the AC went out the first time we tried using it in the spring instead of going out in the midst of the coming 100o summer we have coming.

rowjimmy

I wouldn't sweat the Run For The Roses.
It's pretty and all but the OG is good and easy enough to find.

Some of these reissues are redic.

mbw

Sleep dropped a new album today.  there were uber limited 420 editions in select stores.
made it to one of them and they said they sold out in the first minute they opened.   :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Caravan2001

Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2018, 12:53:32 PM
:frustrated:  This almost/really belongs in the 'Today I Hate' thread, but it has more of an impact here... Our AC blew-out and is being replaced today. $3500 really puts a HUGE dent in my funds for RSD.  Looks like I'll settle for the Billy Breathes that will come out later and I'll just have to stick with my OG Run For The Roses instead of grabbing the pretty damned cool looking version that being released on RSD.  :shakehead:

On the plus side at least the AC went out the first time we tried using it in the spring instead of going out in the midst of the coming 100o summer we have coming.

Ugh dude.  That sucks.  If there is something you want but can't get, let me know.  I still owe you one.

Also, I am looking for, if anyone sees:

(In addition to Phsh and GD):

DJ Spooky
Van Morrison Moondance Alt.
Bowie Live '78 2lp
Duke Reid All Stars with Roland Alphonso (this one is going to be impossible I think)
Skatalites

If anyone sees any of those and can scoop for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Already have Hicks looking for an extra BB for my bro-in-law since I can only make it to one store tomorrow.

mopper_smurf

I'l be off to my favourite shop in half an hour (it's 7.30 A over here). They open at 8.00, serving coffee and croissants. Sale starts at 9.00. So I got an hour to indulge in my incurable habit of discussing music with like-minded folks.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

Quote from: Caravan2001 on April 21, 2018, 12:59:08 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on April 19, 2018, 12:53:32 PM

Ugh dude.  That sucks.  If there is something you want but can't get, let me know.  I still owe you one.

Also, I am looking for, if anyone sees:

(In addition to Phsh and GD):
HU
DJ Spooky
Van Morrison Moondance Alt.
Bowie Live '78 2lp
Duke Reid All Stars with Roland Alphonso (this one is going to be impossible I think)
Skatalites

If anyone sees any of those and can scoop for me, I'd really appreciate it.  Already have Hicks looking for an extra BB for my bro-in-law since I can only make it to one store tomorrow.

Oh yeah DJ Spooky does look sick, thanks for the reminder!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mopper_smurf

Snatched all four RSD releases I really wanted.   :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

My shop had only 1 copy of the Rory Gallagher album and the Jim Hendrix live EP
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy