News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R13/W04: 6/1/2011, PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ

Started by McGrupp, October 31, 2011, 10:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McGrupp

This is the worst second set I have ever seen and probably the worst show I've ever seen.

:phish:
6/1/11
PNC, Holmdel NJ

QuoteSet 1: First Tube, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Camel Walk, Heavy Things, Gotta Jibboo, Wilson > Seven Below > Kill Devil Falls, Axilla > Split Open and Melt, Suzy Greenberg

Set 2: Tweezer > No Quarter[1], Carini[2] > Piper > Twist > Ghost[3] > Backwards Down the Number Line[3]

Encore: Show of Life > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Unfinished.
[3] No Quarter teases from Trey.

Lossless: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=545391
Lossy: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1GY80P37

Hate on!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

DoW

seriously, 2011 should be off limits.
I haven't listened to this show yet so it will be fun to hate on I suppose.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

McGrupp

Quote from: bvaz on October 31, 2011, 10:12:01 AM

This is the "worst of" round, no?

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Lifeboy

Doesn't look bad at all on paper, but yeah, this show sucked.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

DoW

Quote from: McGrupp on October 31, 2011, 10:14:59 AM

yeah, I just wanted to hate on the hate pick  :evil:
plus, all you people that paid to see Phish in 2011 deserve to amke the rest of us hate them.

it's pretty much seeing these picks from a little over 4 months ago and then seeing people go crazy on trying to get MSG tickets.

McGrupp

Quote from: bvaz on October 31, 2011, 10:19:32 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 31, 2011, 10:14:59 AM

yeah, I just wanted to hate on the hate pick  :evil:
plus, all you people that paid to see Phish in 2011 deserve to amke the rest of us hate them.

it's pretty much seeing these picks from a little over 4 months ago and then seeing people go crazy on trying to get MSG tickets.

I go for the party.

rowjimmy

I just want to call you out for going the easy route.

My 3 year old son could pick a "worst" by throwing up a 2011 show.

McGrupp

I wanted to pick a show I attended. For some reason in my memory, this stands out as the worst second set I've seen by far.

I dare someone to pick out a worse segment of music from Phish than the Carini > Piper > Twist > Ghost > Backwards Down the Number Line from the second set (excluding coventry).

It's the fucking worst. I was pissed during the show.

DoW

I agree that 2011 is fair if you were in attendance.
I've been flip flopping between 2 shows to pick for next week, but I'll go with the one I was in attendance for.
don't worry, I only saw 1 show in 2011  :wink:

Lifeboy

I love reading some of the LP reviews of 3.0 shows.

No Quarter is the best TooL song EVER!!! So glad Phish covered it.

Show Of The Year, so far, and i've seen all six (inc 1.1.11). my 101st show, first show in 93, and this was The Hardest Rocking Phish Show I've Ever Seen

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

danje

I remember the Number Line being pretty decent actually.

runawayjimbo

Quote from: McGrupp on October 31, 2011, 10:29:39 AM
I wanted to pick a show I attended. For some reason in my memory, this stands out as the worst second set I've seen by far.

I dare someone to pick out a worse segment of music from Phish than the Carini > Piper > Twist > Ghost > Backwards Down the Number Line from the second set (excluding coventry).

Camden buried both PNC and Alpharetta as the worst for me. Julius, Golgi > Fluff > Joy to end the show may have been the most depressing thing I have ever witnessed.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

McGrupp

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 31, 2011, 11:27:44 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on October 31, 2011, 10:29:39 AM

Camden buried both PNC and Alpharetta as the worst for me. Julius, Golgi > Fluff > Joy to end the show may have been the most depressing thing I have ever witnessed.

Yeah, Camden was weak.

Part of the reason I hated this PNC show so much was because it was my first show of the summer, I had brought my gf and 2 other friends up (6 hour drive from Richmond), and was absolutely faced on some of the cleanest liquid I've ever had. The 2nd set was just a huge failure. I was literally standing on the lawn with my arms crossed. I know I should have been at least trying to make the most of it, but I couldn't bring myself to fake it. I was severely disappointed.

eta: I'm interested in Aug's thoughts on this show. I remember at the time (this was the 5th show of summer tour) he said "best show of the 5".

McGrupp