News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

A message to all wikipaug contributors!!!

Started by jephrey, December 14, 2006, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jephrey

If you're confused on how to enter stuff, or it seems to daunting a task, I'll gladly answer any questions and try to give you a fast way of doing anything. 

Over the last few weeks, we seemed to have a bunch of folks get back into this or start new, and things started off great, however, it's about a week later and there's almost no responses, questions, ideas, etc. in these threads.  I feel we have to have more input and more work going on in order to meet the year-end deadline.  I'm sure a lot of you will not have time over the holidays so it's really about a week and a half to go.  If we don't start clicking away, we would have to push the date back a bit, and I know we're itching to get-er-open. 

If you just don't have the time, or are busy, that's also understandable.  Almost no work got done for about 4 months this summer/fall as most of us have just been busy.  Now that we've added people, I hope we have a better chance of progress and a better chance of more people spending time on it.

If you want to do the simplest things, I can also give you those tasks...  Here's one.  Write a short paragraph about a song, send it to me or post it here, and I'll edit it and add it to the song page...  EASY.  Or write something about a year or venue, or give jedi your top 5 shows for a year.  There's much more to do as well and we can discuss. 

So please try and give up some time to this.  Even 5 minutes to write one short paragraph.  If one paragraph was submitted by everyone on this team, we'd have additions for about 15 pages each day!

Thanks y'all,

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jephrey

alright weekend warriors, the time is here for mass data entry!!!

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Casey Lenahan

hey real quick for your song entry program all i need to do is copy it into cell A1 then how do i add it to the site
I owe Aug $20

jephrey

1. Get the "all times played" from ihoz...  Copy the text.  Paste it into "B1"

2. Select column B (which has all the data) and go to Data > text to
columns.  It should come up as fixed width so hit next, make sure the markers are not cutting across anything (if so, I think there should be markers at 27 and 47, and then the ones dividing the beginning stuff) then clickfinish.

3. Delete column E (I think).  It's the column with the weird "Oct-3" dates.

4. Copy column B and paste it in column A.

5. Format column A like month, d, yyyy. (In the formatting it says something
like March 14, 2000)

6. Format column B like yyyy-mm-dd.  (You have to go into custom format)

7. Check all song names for accuracy (I use find and replace.)
The end of names are cut off, 2001 says ASZ, The Divided Sky says Divided Sky, Big Black Furry Creature From Mars says Big Black Furry Crea, The Fog that Surrounds says Taste that Surrounds, etc)

8. Click the Create Text button - the data is on the clipboard

9. Go to the song page and paste it (It's just the data so make sure the rest of the page is there)

Done.

susep

thx for the refresher J, looks like we'll meet your goals homeslice :beers:

jephrey

I changed my method a bit so my instructions are slightly different, but do the same thing.

whyweigh5.0

sorry, i have been going through some crummy stuff right now and havent even got a chance to check out the wiki yet.  just keeps slipping my mind.

but i will get around to it sometime
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/