News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Bonnaroo Superjam this year is.... f**in' weird:

Started by mattstick, May 07, 2014, 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

Quote from: mbw on May 08, 2014, 09:51:17 PM
its so bad. 

Meh...  there was a summer when I liked Prodigy...

That said, I had to turn it off after about 1min...

Terry

ETA:  I wish I didn't know who Skillrex is/was...  I hate myself for now knowing...
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

sunrisevt

Quote from: justjezmund on May 08, 2014, 11:01:57 PM
RIP Ray, but WTF!!!

I'm pretty sure he faked his death actually. He MC's pub trivia games in Middlebury.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Gumbo72203

for people who like music that pushes boundaries and gets weird, I find it incredibly lame that you all hate on Skrillex. 

You like the Grateful Dead, but you hate Skrillex?  Skrillex is taking Space and putting into a dance music format.  Shit is catchy and creative as hell.

Actually, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.  When I saw Skrillex, the most musically-close resemblance it made to me was to the metal days of my youth....  the hard, aggressive slamming energy.  It isn't peace-y love music.  Its fucking wild, aggressive, extreme music. 

But for people who like the anti-musical noise of '92-'95 Tweezer/Bowie/Mike's Song cacophony, I'd expect a lot of you to at least recognize and respect the risk Skrillex is taking in making music like that.

For you all to say he's just making noise is to equate yourself to the people who say Phish just noodles.  You guys are better than that.  Don't be hypocrites, mannn
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

justjezmund

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

rowjimmy

VDB

Everything I've heard by Skrillex sounds the same: harsh, grating robo sharts.
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 28, 2014, 03:00:15 PM
Skrillex.

Arranging a bunch of sound-effects in a rhythmic pattern, I don't consider "pushed boundaries".  Its 21st Century "Beat-Boxing", ie. make a bunch of sounds to a beat.

But I sometimes dig music like that, so I listened again (to the Doors track above).  For music that has infinite potential (number of samples/sounds usable), the music is really shallow.  Just a beat and some sound effects.  No ambience, no counterpoint in the bass line, no multi-rhythms... 

I would listen to more, but the first serving didn't do it for me...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

mbw

Buffalo Budd

Gumbo, just when I think you couldn't lose any more credibility when it comes to music taste, you come out with this.  :shakehead:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

emay

mbw

antelope19

Quote from: mbw on May 28, 2014, 04:22:32 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment