News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016/10/22 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre @ Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA

Started by anthrax, October 22, 2016, 11:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

10/22/16
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at Encore Park
Alpharetta, GA

Set I:  Mike's Song > Ass Handed > Weekapaug Groove, Waiting All Night > Sample in a Jar, Bathtub Gin, Rift, Stash, Funky Bitch, Your Pet Cat, Character Zero

Set II:. Antelope, Fuego > Runaway Jim, No Quarter, Simple > 46 Days > Sneaking Sally > 46 Days

Encore:  Makisupa, First Tube

anthrax

Stash419

Quite possibly one of the best two night runs in a long time. Can't wait for Vegas!
Just a man for a mind for victory and an arm like a fucking cannon!

runawayjimbo

Don't look now, but that was four stellar set II's in a row. Starting to get jealous(er) of all you dudes going to Vegas.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

ph92

Dat second set. They really took that simple out there. Was really dreamy and chill at first then just kept on keeping on. Little bit of a ripcord into the fucking insanity of the 46 days with the inception style sneaking, that was for sure one of the greatest highlights I've ever seen. Love a second set no quarter. Was a rocking version.

They really were jamming everything it seemed like. Even the runaway Jim had a little breakdown after the lyrics but before the composed section. The gin was solid, and the stash was okay. They did an okay job building tension. They just didn't peak super hard.

All in all probably the best show start to finish I've seen. Not to mention my mom absolutely loved it! Everyone was giving her props for being there with me haha. Im grateful my mom is super rad!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

rowjimmy

Really enjoyed this second set. Can't wait to go back and hear the whole thing.

Gumbo72203

holy crap, this Weekapaug is amazing.  Wow!

Mike's Song was nothing to write home about; Trey needs to stop with the echoplex and actually DO something in the song.  The last 20 versions have literally been the same lol.  Love the call for Waiting All Night after Weekapaug.  This sounds beautiful.  I could hear this song every show.  Fish's ride cymbal.....   that's where heaven is.  Love the interplay during the solo, too.  Fishman is adding some really cool subtle ghost notes on his snare, and Mike and Page are just killing it together around Trey.  Trey doesn't sound confident in the early part of the solo, though.  Page's low piano notes come to his aid though, and it's glorious.  Surprisingly didn't hate Sample in the slot right after, either.  Maybe I just haven't heard the song in forever, haha.

Gin was alright; I really liked the theme that Trey found right before the return to the Gin theme.  Didn't really peak for me, oh well. 

In any event, I think we all know that Trey wearing a hoodie was the biggest determining factor for this show.  Loose and relaxed-dressed Trey = win. 

EDIT:   HOLY SHIT THIS SIMPLE!!!!  yaaaaassss!!!!!  Kind weird how it just sorta randomly died out there towards the end, before it down-shifted in the the low-gear Woo section.  Fishman realllllllllly wanted that Saw It Again, though!  He's playing the beat.  It was right there. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Oh my.  That 2nd set/encore.  Not sure that's toppable, at all.  Good lord. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Gumbo72203

even the Stash was satisfying!!!  I don't think Stash has ever truly satisfied me in 3.0.... they always felt like they were leaving energy on the table.  This version, I felt like they milked it for all they could.  Well done. 

Marmar

minus the guitar issues Trey's had since switching to the Marshall heads (which SUCK), very solid show.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

anthrax

so...what exactly happened at the end of simple...

-did trey not hear fish trying to go into i saw it again
-did trey not want to go into i saw it again
-did trey not like 46 days
-was the sally sandwich premeditated by trey
-or did trey just forget to take his ADHD meds