News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-10-25 - Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX

Started by WhatstheUse?, October 26, 2016, 12:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

emay

Quote from: VDB on October 26, 2016, 09:29:15 AM
One thing I love about Phish fans is that we legitimately don't like it when our band plays too many songs.

Who actually goes for the songs  :roll:
Thought everyone only went for the chicks

rowjimmy

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on October 26, 2016, 10:24:52 AM
One thing I love about Phish fans is that we legitimately don't like it when our band plays too many songs.

I'm just there for the heady copyright infringing t-shirts.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2016, 10:29:35 AM

I'm in it for the $12 domestic beers inside.
Bring in the dude!

PIE-GUY

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 26, 2016, 11:20:47 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2016, 10:29:35 AM

I'm in it for the $12 domestic beers inside.

I like the value of spending $18 for the 20 oz domestic. Such a better deal than $12 for 12 ozs. That's like 2 free ounces!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Gumbo72203

so, I actually liked the Friday bustout.  Nobody on Mixlr knew what the hell it was lol.  So funny, how the different eras are becoming completely independent of each other; knew fans don't listen to anything that's before 3.0. 

Waves was okay, such weird placement. 

I'm very, very curious to know why they played this kind of show.  The place is so small, you'd think they would jam the shit out of stuff and really build some momentum.  Maybe they hate small venues now.  So many questions. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

Trey got a taste of the stadiums and hates playing to crowds under 20k now. I heard it was Page's idea to play this second set though. As an FU to their booking agent who lives in Texas. Fishman was in on it too - its subtle...but there's something 'political' about his playing all show. I think it's cuz Texas is a red state. The question is why play Friday on a Tuesday? And how did mike feel about all of this? So many questions.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: anthrax on October 26, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
^^^
WHAT????

You haven't meet the new wtu...personally I like the change. I think the shift happened with the stairway lyrics. Pure paug based satire that is as deeply engaging as it is humorous. You are left with the exact expression your emoticon implies  :? as well as this one  :-o and you're left to wonder, is he being for real? But then you realize what's happening, and you find yourself saying  :clap:

:wtu:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

rowjimmy

The real question is why would anyone think that Friday should be played on Friday?

DoW

Quote from: gah on October 26, 2016, 04:17:54 PM
Quote from: anthrax on October 26, 2016, 03:33:56 PM
^^^
WHAT????

You haven't meet the new wtu...personally I like the change. I think the shift happened with the stairway lyrics. Pure paug based satire that is as deeply engaging as it is humorous. You are left with the exact expression your emoticon implies  :? as well as this one  :-o and you're left to wonder, is he being for real? But then you realize what's happening, and you find yourself saying  :clap:

:wtu:
it made me forget how bad the show looked on paper.
:clap:
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Lifeboy

Without a doubt the worst set (esp a second set) of phish I've ever seen, and maybe ever heard.

Trey seemed to be excited and happy and was bouncing around for a lot of the show(s). Seems like he gets really "song-y" when he's in those moods.

Regardless, it was awful. Even the friends in the group who almost always try to stay positive and keep any negative thoughts to themselves were debating walking out.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

cactusfan

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2016, 04:20:27 PM
The real question is why would anyone think that Friday should be played on Friday?

Friday should only be played yesterday.

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 26, 2016, 04:20:27 PM

i know!  the song is about wanting it to be friday!  they want to be in vegas, dudes!   :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

duh.

WTU also hates it when they play 7 below and it's like 80 degrees outside.