News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Complete Music DVD You Watched?

Started by mopper_smurf, October 28, 2008, 10:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastfingers12

Quote from: khalpin on May 25, 2012, 08:45:46 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on May 25, 2012, 08:23:13 AM

Led Zeppelin: DVD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_%28DVD%29

Great footage of Bonzo doing Moby Dick at the Royal Albert Hall  :rawk:  :rawk:
Those DVDs are amazing.  Disc One doesn't get much rotation for me, as I tend to get tired of Communication Breakdown and Dazed and Confused being on there like 5 times each.  The second disc is pretty unreal.  Robert Plant's stage presence is pretty awe inspiring.
I have this also... It's awesome
That's a hundred nineteen to you and me

khalpin

:phish:
4/29/90
Woodbury, CT

Carolina, Possum, Ya Mar, You Enjoy Myself, Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, The Divided Sky, Fluffhead, Walk Away, Love You > Hold Your Head Up, The Lizards, Fire

Hadn't seen this one in ages.  There were barely any magnetic particles left on the VHS tape after constantly rewinding and watching Lizards to learn the guitar part back in the day.  Thank god for DVD.

mbw

Quote from: khalpin on September 07, 2012, 09:13:12 PM
:phish:
4/29/90
Woodbury, CT

Carolina, Possum, Ya Mar, You Enjoy Myself, Dinner and a Movie, Bouncing Around the Room, Uncle Pen, The Divided Sky, Fluffhead, Walk Away, Love You > Hold Your Head Up, The Lizards, Fire

Hadn't seen this one in ages.  There were barely any magnetic particles left on the VHS tape after constantly rewinding and watching Lizards to learn the guitar part back in the day.  Thank god for DVD.

pretty sure my first copy had the lizards cut half way through.  made me very  :x

fastfingers12

Quote from: McGrupp on October 28, 2008, 11:14:58 AM
Last DVD I *bought* - Walnut Creek

Last DVD I watched - Kurt Rosenwinkel Group (Live in Russia? I think)
Kurt Rosenwinkel is so sick! I didn't know any of you guys listened to his stuff! One of my music theory teachers turned me on to him. Dudes dirty.  :beers:

PIE-GUY

So, I tend to scroll through the Palladia list every now and then and catch interesting stuff to record to the DVR. This was an interesting one... Flaming Lips playing Dark Side at Hangout Fest. What a brilliant psychedelic mess of a show. God bless that band. I've never thought they were great, but I love what they do.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Good to See You Again, Alice Cooper

Alice Cooper: Brutally Live

Picked these up dirt cheap as a "collectors edition" combo. Good fun with with Alice live in 1973 (and lot of cheesy acting) and 2000.

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Mr. Natural

The narrative unfolds exactly like THE PINK FLOYD AND SYD BARRETT STORY DVD, except instead of Rick Wright (who I'm really starting to focus on these days), David Gilmour and Roger Waters telling us - it's a dude who was a musician at the same time and a recognizable British rock journalist with a difficult delivery in interviews. The old film footage of the band is cool. And bottom line, it's gotten me stoked enough to start putting on some songs I haven't listened to in a while. The next day I found it posted online when I looked up 'Syd Barrett documentary'.
So that's disc 1. Disc 2 is a critical review of MEDDLE, which I only barely started. Totally different production from disc 1, a whole other thing somehow packaged together and sold cheap to public libraries. What I saw I really liked. How can you not like a disection of ONE OF THESE DAYS? I never knewDid you know that it's Roger on echo'ed slappier bass in one speaker and David Gilmour's more solid/regular plucking on a different bass in the other speaker?
We were all ready to pedal like hell to get that rocketship into orbit

mopper_smurf

George Harrison: Living in the Material World
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mopper_smurf

Living Colour - On Stage at World Cafe Live
Twitter | FB | Instagram

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

khalpin

mopper_smurf

Quote from: khalpin on November 16, 2012, 08:01:46 AM
Quote from: mopper_smurf on November 16, 2012, 06:47:21 AM

LZ - Celebration Day
How was it?

Great stuff. I saw at the movies a couple of weeks ago. The footage of the dress rehearsal is a nice bonus - single camera. Plant goes "good evening, good evening" after "Black Dog" to an audience that isn't there.
Twitter | FB | Instagram

Mr. Natural

Quote from: mopper_smurf on November 12, 2012, 10:16:53 AM

Living Colour - On Stage at World Cafe Live

I bet this sounded really good. I've always liked their idea of what a band should sound like.

Mr. Natural

dug it. Patty's always been a killer drummer. It was cool remembering back when Hole was a very relevant band. Non-fans might find the sequence of events vaguely predictable in a VH1BehindTheMusic kind of way, but there's also a lot of good attention paid to how gender and sexual orientation make her story unique.

fastfingers12