News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2016-12-31 Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Started by anthrax, January 01, 2017, 01:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 06, 2017, 08:28:39 PM
Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 05, 2017, 01:06:30 PMI wouldn't put the playing on any night in 99 up against a top show from 97-98.

I would. And I definitely prefer a lot of '99 over '98. See PNC '99, Oswego, Nassau..... Funny, I really don't listen to Phish anymore being that my living situation is not conducive to blasting music, as well as a line of thinking that believed that I'd be best to take a break from listening to 1.0 so I could appreciate 3.0. But to jog my memory of why I like '99 so much, I went back to my .net show list and began checking out set lists.....ugh, good lord do I ever miss the good ol' days.   

As far as shows seen and my level of appreciation/obsession for Phish, 99 was where I peaked.
The fun I had that year at the 4 shows I saw are almost unparalleled with any other year that I caught them.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

as well as a line of thinking that believed that I'd be best to take a break from listening to 1.0 so I could appreciate 3.0

there is a lot of truth to this.  SF, you are a wise one.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on January 06, 2017, 05:16:41 PM
Hate to beat the dead horse, but I'm still struggling to understand how you heard STAIRWAY in that sunrise.

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Caravan2001

VA $l!m

Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 05, 2017, 01:06:30 PMI wouldn't put the playing on any night in 99 up against a top show from 97-98.

I would. And I definitely prefer a lot of '99 over '98. See PNC '99, Oswego, Nassau..... Funny, I really don't listen to Phish anymore being that my living situation is not conducive to blasting music, as well as a line of thinking that believed that I'd be best to take a break from listening to 1.0 so I could appreciate 3.0. But to jog my memory of why I like '99 so much, I went back to my .net show list and began checking out set lists.....ugh, good lord do I ever miss the good ol' days.     
i honestly think i enjoy listening to more 99 than anything else these days...which is a little weird, but i dunno just suits me. it can be hit or miss at times tho.

just finished listening to Philly show from 12-11. second set smoker.
funny part was  i was in for the night before and it was one of the worst shows i saw, lol. i distinctly remember saying fuck staying for a second night of this crap and we bailed back to LI...whooops. :shakehead:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-