News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-12-28 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

Started by anthrax, December 28, 2017, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

12/28/17
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

I:. ACDC Bag, Wolfman's Brother, Roggae, Tube, Bouncin', GBOTT, Your Pet Cat, Waking Up Dead, Theme

II:. Wilson, NMINML > Twist > Everything's Right > 2001 > Harry Hood

E:  Wedge, Slave

anthrax

trey was certainly playing around with his new rig!

Hicks

NMINML > Twist was dope! 

Digging Trey's new rig and Page's continues to explore his new synth sounds, it's looking good for a sweet NYE run!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

mattstick

aphineday

Quote from: mbw on December 29, 2017, 12:12:28 AM
Quote from: Hicks on December 29, 2017, 12:08:41 AM
NMINML > Twist was dope! 

This.  The rest gets a passing grade.
Im re listening right now, but last night, this was the only segment I heard... and I thought it was super nice.
On my listen so far today, I think Wolfmans was pretty slick.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

emay

thought that hood jam was pretty good. they slid into the ending nicely.
As well as the Tube, NMINML > Twist

WhatstheUse?

I thought that was a pretty darn solid show for the first of the run after months off.

NMINML > Twist was indeed sick. I too enjoyed treys new tones! Tube had a nice microjam...

Wedge in the encore slot caught me by total surprise. I love that song but I feel like they've gotten used to placing it deep in the second set which doesn't always work for me. Enccore was great. Is that a first?

My only real complaint was the horribly forced segues by Trey but what's new there...
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on December 29, 2017, 08:18:19 AM
Moma Dance Jam in Everything's Right

mike was pretty much playing moma that entire jam.

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 29, 2017, 11:13:54 AM
Wedge in the encore slot caught me by total surprise. I love that song but I feel like they've gotten used to placing it deep in the second set which doesn't always work for me. Enccore was great. Is that a first?

Only other Wedge encore was 11/14/95 Orlando

aphineday

I'm saving the second set for my run when little man naps... pretty jacked though.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on December 29, 2017, 11:37:24 AM

Only other Wedge encore was 11/14/95 Orlando

Damn!
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Interesting that Mike was using an IEM last night, which has traditionally been banned on the Phish stage. 

I wonder if he'll keep using it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

My only real complaint was the horribly forced segues by Trey but what's new there...

Prior to Everything's Right, as Fishman was still merrily banging away over on the Mike side of his kit, Trey sidled up to the riser to call out the new tune and Fishman essentially stopped what he was doing to lean over and hear the request again. I know these moments are usually of Trey's initiating, but sometimes Fish could do a better job of maintaining the continuity as well.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VDB on December 29, 2017, 01:49:40 PM

Prior to Everything's Right, as Fishman was still merrily banging away over on the Mike side of his kit, Trey sidled up to the riser to call out the new tune and Fishman essentially stopped what he was doing to lean over and hear the request again. I know these moments are usually of Trey's initiating, but sometimes Fish could do a better job of maintaining the continuity as well.

Completely agreed.
Bring in the dude!