News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, December 30, 2010, 11:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: blatboom on January 06, 2011, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: sophist on January 06, 2011, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 06, 2011, 06:47:02 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on January 06, 2011, 06:43:27 PM
this may sound crazy, but a really good '10 tweezer is the one from 6/26. which at the time we were deep in the middle of all whale, all the time, so i think it passed everyone by. but now that you've not listened to any whale for months, check this one out. if you imagine trey had just busted out the whale for this one song, it actually works as an unusual effect. and there's a nice build and a real ending.

I've never bothered trying to bring up this tweezer, mainly because of the amount of hatred for this show (what is it with 3.0 and MPP?) - but yes, I've always thought of this as a pretty good (and psychedelic) tweezer.

Picture me, somewhere near the back of the lawn at MPP, cross legged and pulling grass out of the ground, with a grimace across my face, for 17 minutes. That was this tweezer for me.
I distinctly remember you, Scott, Blat, and I blaring it post show around 2am and thinking it sounded even better than at the show. 

I also remember that a week later at Alpharetta Scott and I were calling the Alpharetta one the sister version to this one.

lol, I just kept wanting to hear like the first 10 seconds of that Tweezer jam.  nastay

lol.  That 94ish evil Trey riff that he plays once, then abandons!!!
Bring in the dude!

McGrupp

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 07, 2011, 03:09:55 AM
Quote from: blatboom on January 06, 2011, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: sophist on January 06, 2011, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on January 06, 2011, 06:47:02 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on January 06, 2011, 06:43:27 PM
this may sound crazy, but a really good '10 tweezer is the one from 6/26. which at the time we were deep in the middle of all whale, all the time, so i think it passed everyone by. but now that you've not listened to any whale for months, check this one out. if you imagine trey had just busted out the whale for this one song, it actually works as an unusual effect. and there's a nice build and a real ending.

I've never bothered trying to bring up this tweezer, mainly because of the amount of hatred for this show (what is it with 3.0 and MPP?) - but yes, I've always thought of this as a pretty good (and psychedelic) tweezer.

Picture me, somewhere near the back of the lawn at MPP, cross legged and pulling grass out of the ground, with a grimace across my face, for 17 minutes. That was this tweezer for me.
I distinctly remember you, Scott, Blat, and I blaring it post show around 2am and thinking it sounded even better than at the show. 

I also remember that a week later at Alpharetta Scott and I were calling the Alpharetta one the sister version to this one.

lol, I just kept wanting to hear like the first 10 seconds of that Tweezer jam.  nastay

lol.  That 94ish evil Trey riff that he plays once, then abandons!!!

so dirty and evil.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

rowjimmy

I listened to the Tweezer from this show on 12/31 as I drove to see my Mother for her birthday. the kids were asleep in the back seats and it's a nice country drive so I was able to zone out to it. I liked the groove the lock on to but I want more motion from my Tweezers.I decided that it was 'ok' but was probably a ton of fun at the show and really good for dancing- especially if on illegal drugs.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 07, 2011, 08:01:43 AM
I listened to the Tweezer from this show on 12/31 as I drove to see my Mother for her birthday. the kids were asleep in the back seats and it's a nice country drive so I was able to zone out to it. I liked the groove the lock on to but I want more motion from my Tweezers.I decided that it was 'ok' but was probably a ton of fun at the show and really good for dancing- especially if on illegal drugs.
:wtu:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

thatfargone

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 06, 2011, 01:44:41 PM
  Like it for what it is or just stay home for the love of God.

Seriously is that really what all our discussions about shows is going to be about, like it or leave it??? 

I'm not going to comment about anyone's specific drug use, and haven't  Some use too much, this is a fact....many that use too much would even admit it.  Hell, at my age and situation...even I can admit I have too much fun for what would be considered a "contributing member of society"  But, when it seems to be basis of show reviews over the music, it's pretty sad.  Shouldn't we discuss music first and partying 2nd if thats how we all say we approach this band?  Shit, re-read the actual music discussion about this show...the people that like it barely have anything to say and the reasons for being critical of this show are abundant.  Yet, here we are talking about drugs and fans which seems to be the dividing line on peoples thoughts on this show.  That is sad.  We used to be able to decide how good shows were on how well they played, not the amount of drugs in our heads at the show.  Didn't we? :|
Quote from: McGrupp on November 17, 2010, 02:27:48 PM

Don't FUCK with the dead. Bobby will kick your ass. You remember this, thatfargone. Dead is SER BIZ.

sophist

Your brought the habits of other people into this, not us.  That makes a difference.  When you use the actions of people as justifications for your own arguments, it's going to spark this sort of conversation.  Clearly you can see that your "point" is a product of your own actions and not a true reflection of the scene. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

qop24

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 14, 2011, 11:26:55 PM
Trey actually is totally inspired with ideas up the ass

Quote from: kellerb on July 06, 2011, 07:16:17 PM
When you're on droogz you don't remember which eye's supposed to be lazy

Buffalo Budd

I kinda knew that was gonna be the one phrase out of my rebuttal that you were gonna take offense to.  Look, I really don't care if you go to every show in 3.0.  All I'm pointing out is how ridiculous it seems when you rip on 98% of the shows that you pay hard earned money to attend.  And then go on to say that the rest of us are too f#@!ed up to know the difference between good music and slop.  I'm trying to tell you, don't bother going to shows if you're expecting to hear Phish in their prime.  They're just not there and may never be.  Appreciate them for what they are.  You obviously think they're good enough to spend thousands of dollars criss-crossing the country catching shows.  It really blows my mind.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sophist

I'd also add that a lot of the drug talk in this thread is people joking around.  I can say with the utmost certainty that the people I saw all three nights with couldn't of given two shits if they walked in sober or walked in spun.  No one around me went hunting for drugs or took time away from the show to find drugs.  So stop acting like Phish dropped off a bunch tickets at a crack house and a bunch of addicts showed up. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

tet

well, i loved this show - the Tweezer was ripping, as was pretty much everything else.  not the most technically-perfect show in history, but the vibe, energy, and song choices were fantastic.

here are some shots from my INSANELY good seats:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_s/sets/72157625716429076/with/5310895044/
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

willsteele

Quote from: tet on January 07, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
well, i loved this show - the Tweezer was ripping, as was pretty much everything else.  not the most technically-perfect show in history, but the vibe, energy, and song choices were fantastic.

Fuck those are nice.  Good pics yo.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: tet on January 07, 2011, 03:56:51 PM

Nice tet. Thanks for sharing.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.