News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, December 30, 2010, 11:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

Quote from: thatfargone on January 07, 2011, 01:55:00 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 06, 2011, 01:44:41 PM
  Like it for what it is or just stay home for the love of God.

Seriously is that really what all our discussions about shows is going to be about, like it or leave it??? 

I'm not going to comment about anyone's specific drug use, and haven't  Some use too much, this is a fact....many that use too much would even admit it.  Hell, at my age and situation...even I can admit I have too much fun for what would be considered a "contributing member of society"  But, when it seems to be basis of show reviews over the music, it's pretty sad.  Shouldn't we discuss music first and partying 2nd if thats how we all say we approach this band?  Shit, re-read the actual music discussion about this show...the people that like it barely have anything to say and the reasons for being critical of this show are abundant.  Yet, here we are talking about drugs and fans which seems to be the dividing line on peoples thoughts on this show.  That is sad.  We used to be able to decide how good shows were on how well they played, not the amount of drugs in our heads at the show.  Didn't we? :|

:?

i'd love to know from what planet you're sending these dispatches.

anyhow, i give up responding.

back to the blowjobs!

tet

Quote from: cactusfan on January 07, 2011, 05:21:11 PM

Seriously is that really what all our discussions about shows is going to be about, like it or leave it??? 

I'm not going to comment about anyone's specific drug use, and haven't  Some use too much, this is a fact....many that use too much would even admit it.  Hell, at my age and situation...even I can admit I have too much fun for what would be considered a "contributing member of society"  But, when it seems to be basis of show reviews over the music, it's pretty sad.  Shouldn't we discuss music first and partying 2nd if thats how we all say we approach this band?  Shit, re-read the actual music discussion about this show...the people that like it barely have anything to say and the reasons for being critical of this show are abundant.  Yet, here we are talking about drugs and fans which seems to be the dividing line on peoples thoughts on this show.  That is sad.  We used to be able to decide how good shows were on how well they played, not the amount of drugs in our heads at the show.  Didn't we? :|

:?

i'd love to know from what planet you're sending these dispatches.

anyhow, i give up responding.

back to the blowjobs!

give him a break... he didn't know that he was thatfargone...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

McGrupp

I'd like to reiterate what Ramsay said - most of the "drug talk" on this board is purely joking, or reminiscing of good times had at shows. Joe, do you really think that the music is not the reason we're all here, on this forum?

Sure, phish shows are a blast, and quite the party. Hell, maybe you and mattstick would like it if everyone was quiet and sitting down the entire show, but I'll be the first to admit that I love every aspect of the phish scene - the people, the smells, the noises, the chatter around me, yes the drugs too.

The music? That's a given for me. Isn't that obvious? Do I have to sit down and analyze each show to prove to you (or other fans) that I'm worthy? Sure, we have probably all taken the party a little too far at times. Sure, I probably also do too many drugs. And yes, I do think that drugs enhance the music (but are absolutely not necessary).

Jeez, see now I feel like I'm defending my god-given right to put whatever the fuck I want to in my body. I shouldn't have to defend that, OR my status as a "dedicated fan" - to ANYONE. Because phish is my fucking sanctuary. It's my happy place. I know you understand this, Joe. So what's the problem here? Daddy issues? Don't make me go all psych-major on your ass.  :wink:

Anyway, I guess my main point is that if you think I or anyone else that you have met from this board and chilled with are at phish shows for the "wrong reasons", you need to get to know us better.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: tet on January 07, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
well, i loved this show - the Tweezer was ripping, as was pretty much everything else.  not the most technically-perfect show in history, but the vibe, energy, and song choices were fantastic.

here are some shots from my INSANELY good seats:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_s/sets/72157625716429076/with/5310895044/
Nice shots tet +K
In fact, making that Mike and Trey bromance shot my avatar.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

willsteele

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 07, 2011, 07:32:42 PM
Quote from: tet on January 07, 2011, 03:56:51 PM
well, i loved this show - the Tweezer was ripping, as was pretty much everything else.  not the most technically-perfect show in history, but the vibe, energy, and song choices were fantastic.

here are some shots from my INSANELY good seats:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dan_s/sets/72157625716429076/with/5310895044/
Nice shots tet +K
In fact, making that Mike and Trey bromance shot my avatar.

Its a very tender moment.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sunrisevt

First, THIS:
Quote from: sophist on January 07, 2011, 01:59:27 PM
Your brought the habits of other people into this, not us.  That makes a difference.  When you use the actions of people as justifications for your own arguments, it's going to spark this sort of conversation.  Clearly you can see that your "point" is a product of your own actions and not a true reflection of the scene. 

And now, I'll also point out that you told us that the actions of the audience (the 'paug "fluffers" being the chief culprits) are a major factor in the band not pushing themselves, resting on their laurels, whatever the fuck it is you're so sure they're doing instead of what you KNOW they should be doing. Now you complain about the topic of conversation you started.

thatfargone, lol.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: McGrupp on January 07, 2011, 07:25:33 PM
if you think I or anyone else that you have met from this board and chilled with are at phish shows for the "wrong reasons", you need to get to know us better.

Seriously.
Bring in the dude!

antelope19

I'd like to reiterate what Ramsay said - most of the "drug talk" on this board is purely joking, or reminiscing of good times had at shows. Joe, do you really think that the music is not the reason we're all here, on this forum?

Sure, phish shows are a blast, and quite the party. Hell, maybe you and mattstick would like it if everyone was quiet and sitting down the entire show, but I'll be the first to admit that I love every aspect of the phish scene - the people, the smells, the noises, the chatter around me, yes the drugs too.

The music? That's a given for me. Isn't that obvious? Do I have to sit down and analyze each show to prove to you (or other fans) that I'm worthy? Sure, we have probably all taken the party a little too far at times. Sure, I probably also do too many drugs. And yes, I do think that drugs enhance the music (but are absolutely not necessary).

Jeez, see now I feel like I'm defending my god-given right to put whatever the fuck I want to in my body. I shouldn't have to defend that, OR my status as a "dedicated fan" - to ANYONE. Because phish is my fucking sanctuary. It's my happy place. I know you understand this, Joe. So what's the problem here? Daddy issues? Don't make me go all psych-major on your ass.  :wink:

Anyway, I guess my main point is that if you think I or anyone else that you have met from this board and chilled with are at phish shows for the "wrong reasons", you need to get to know us better.

I could do without the smells.  Its called a shower people!   :wink:

Seriously though, well said. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on January 08, 2011, 02:43:58 PM

I could do without the smells.  Its called a shower people!   :wink:

Seriously though, you guys stink.

FYP.

roggae

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 05, 2011, 09:41:56 AM
Quote from: mattstick on January 05, 2011, 09:39:08 AM

Yes, I was there, I thought it was really, really lame.  The crowd should be attentive to what the band is playing on-stage, not throwing glowsticks and cheering for no reason.

The silences in these songs are not an opportunity to cheer, they have a significance in the song.

boy, you're sounding like a really fun guy.

The eruption of crowd energy during Guelah was surprising and very cool. If that annoys you, I can see why you are burned out on Phish these days.

MRFMTD.

I agree with pie. The wife and i loved the pause. I dont throw glowsticks but it was pretty cool the energy people were eminating during that pause. If you have to throw a glowing object to get there, go for it.  I also take A LOT of drugs.

Clearly it's all awful.

McGrupp

I thought this would be an appropriate thread to mention that I'm going over to thatfargone's house tomorrow to have a 3.0 phish "listening party".  :-D

Drugs may or may not be involved.

I find this amusing.

Will report back.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: McGrupp on January 14, 2011, 10:09:43 PM
I thought this would be an appropriate thread to mention that I'm going over to thatfargone's house tomorrow to have a 3.0 phish "listening party".  :-D

I find this amusing.

Will report back.
Tell him we said 'hey' and we'll see him this Summer.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 14, 2011, 10:38:01 PM

I find this amusing.

Will report back.
Tell him we said 'hey'.

Tell him I say hi as well!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

blatboom

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 14, 2011, 10:39:35 PM

I find this amusing.

Will report back.
Tell him we said 'hey'.

Tell him I said 'drugs'.

mbw

Quote from: blatboom on January 14, 2011, 10:40:37 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 14, 2011, 10:39:35 PM

I find this amusing.

Will report back.
Tell him we said 'hey'.

Tell him I said 'drugs'.

be sure to bring glow sticks.