News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

7/29/2017 - MSG, New York, NY

Started by aphineday, July 29, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphineday

Set I : Llama, Wilson, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Yar Mar, Tela, The Birds, The Line, Water in the Sky, Vultures, Train Song, Horn, I am the Walrus

Set II: Blaze On -> Twenty Years Later -> Alumni Blues -> Letter to Jimmy Page, Meatstick -> Dirt -> Harry Hood*

E: Cinnamon Girl^

*Dirt and Mountain Jam (Allman Brothers Band) teases.
^Neil Young Cover, Last Time Played 1997-07-31.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

rowjimmy

Quote from: aphineday on July 29, 2017, 11:22:20 PM

Set I : Llama, Wilson, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Yar Mar, Tela, They Attack, The Line, Water in the Sky, Vultures, Horn, I am the Walrus

Set II: Blaze On -> Twenty Years Later -> Alumni Blues -> Letter to Jimmy Page, Meatstick, Dirt -> Harry Hood*

E: Cinnamon Girl 1

*Dirt teases
1 Neil Young Cover, debut performance

Cinnamon Girl was not a debut. Last time played was 7/31/97. 629 show gap.

GBL

Please don't use a 1 for notes, hurts my eyes..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

Did they change the Blaze on chorus to 'Glaze on'?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

aphineday

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 30, 2017, 12:40:48 AM
I made some edits.
Thanks for the help, sorry I failed! I also totally forgot they had ever played Cinnamon Girl. Ugh, I didn't even check LP because I was so sure.
Freaking n00b'd.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

runawayjimbo

CHOO CHOO (but good)

Quote from: mistercharlie on July 30, 2017, 05:38:49 AM
Did they change the Blaze on chorus to 'Glaze on'?

A couple times when they briefly reprised the song after yet another really nice jam.

Quote from: aphineday on July 30, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
I made some edits.
Thanks for the help, sorry I failed! I also totally forgot they had ever played Cinnamon Girl. Ugh, I didn't even check LP because I was so sure.
Freaking n00b'd.

CHOMP CHOMP
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

That's the best Tela that Trey has played in a long time.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 30, 2017, 08:27:06 AM
That's the best Tela that Trey has played in a long time.

More bummed that I missed this than any other tune the past 2 nights

How was the Blaze on jam?
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Looks like the setlist here is missing Train Song and The Birds is mislabled as They Attack. 

Not that it really matters but just sayin.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

They played Train song?! Damn it!

:police: (see, it matters!)
Bring in the dude!

mbw

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

mistercharlie

Quote from: aphineday on July 30, 2017, 08:00:54 AM
I made some edits.
Freaking n00b'd.

I expect better from dzappa25.  :roll:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

I had a great time last night. Liked Friday more than Saturday but both were great shows. I brought both of my daughters to last nights show. My older daughter, avry, had a great time at her 2nd show. My 16yo, Emma, was NOT impressed. Even though she was very familiar with some of the material,She literally did not even tap her foot once during the show. She would give Aug a run for his money in an "arms crossed, unimpressed" contest.
That being said, there is no way the show won't leave a lasting impression. This was her first big rock and roll show. I doubt she'll ever witness anything like a phish show at MSG again in her life. I'll give her a few more years and try agin.
:sbw: Father if the Year
Paug FTMFW!