News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

!!!NBA!!!

Started by VA $l!m, February 22, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: mehead on February 13, 2019, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: emay on February 13, 2019, 10:58:58 AM
Isaiah Thomas might play tonight. Got tickets for the game, lets go!

I forgot he was still in the league
IKR, but i honestly think he got shafted by BOston even tho he was injured.
ironically i think they'd have a better team with him instead of Kyrie right now.
Kyrie seems to have som eo f the same cancerous attitude he learned from LEbron...
last night when Kyrie sat out with injury was the most the Celts looked like a 'team' all year.
i hope they trade him for AD, lol.

but yeah, if somehow IT can come back in shape i think he could really put the Nuggets over the top.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 09, 2019, 12:32:20 AM
trade deadline was crazy this year.
big time pick ups for 3 of the top teams in the east.
philly with tobias is hardcore and gasol with toronto could be insane as well.
milwakee getting mirotic too...
with the Olodipo injury now just those teams and celts gonna make a harcore eastern playoffs between 4 teams.

sorta messed up anthony davis is gonna prob sit the rest of the year out too.

I wasn't totally sure about this move but he convinced me in the second half of his first game in TO
McCaw meshes well with him as well..
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 13, 2019, 06:58:05 PM
Quote from: mehead on February 13, 2019, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: emay on February 13, 2019, 10:58:58 AM
Isaiah Thomas might play tonight. Got tickets for the game, lets go!

I forgot he was still in the league
IKR, but i honestly think he got shafted by BOston even tho he was injured.
ironically i think they'd have a better team with him instead of Kyrie right now.
Kyrie seems to have som eo f the same cancerous attitude he learned from LEbron...
last night when Kyrie sat out with injury was the most the Celts looked like a 'team' all year.
i hope they trade him for AD, lol.

but yeah, if somehow IT can come back in shape i think he could really put the Nuggets over the top.

Yeah...no.  I loved IT when he was in Boston, but resigning him would have been the worst idea ever.  He was expecting max money, but the problem was that whatever gains were made with him on offense were quickly eliminated once he had to play defense.  And his hip was deteriorating.  Celtics made the right decision.  And "shafted"?  We traded him to Lebron's team.  It's not like we sent him to Atlanta or something.  Another case of Brad Stevens getting the most out of a flawed player who does not produce at the same level after leaving Boston.

The jury's still out on Kyrie, but I will say that the Celtics defense looked great against the Sixers without him in there.  Hopefully he can get healthy and turn it up on the defensive end for the playoffs, like he usually does.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

what a game. NBA has been pretty exciting lately.
Mike Malone get ejected in the second quarter, yelled some words of encouragement as he walked back into the locker room. Beasley ended up getting ejected too.

IT came through when we really needed it with some big threes and put us in the lead for the first time in the 4th. He was a little timid during the first half but started to flow and got in a groove in the 4th. I think he still has some gas in the tank.
Great win.

Hicks

Loved watching the Blazers crush the Warriors last night, also a pretty chippy game with Kerr getting booted and Collins getting into it with Thompson and Green.

Layman continues to deliver, this kid is for real! 

Haven't been this excited about the Blazers in a minute, hoping Kanter meshes and kicks the team into a new gear.   :rockout:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

Raptors/Wizards was popping last night too with Pascal Siakam putting up 44 and playing crazy D.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on February 14, 2019, 01:36:37 PM

Raptors/Wizards was popping last night too with Pascal Siakam putting up 44 and playing crazy D.

Crazy game, love seeing Siakam step up like that.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Siakam reminds me of early 2000s Shawn Marion.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mattstick on February 16, 2019, 05:33:16 PM
Siakam reminds me of early 2000s Shawn Marion.

We can only hope that this is the case.

VA $l!m

First Mcollum, now Nurkic... Blazers are cursed.
They were looking so good this year too...

Hicks

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 26, 2019, 01:45:05 PM
First Mcollum, now Nurkic... Blazers are cursed.
They were looking so good this year too...

CJ will be back for the playoffs but Nurk last night was brutal. 

At least we got Kanter, but man Nurk was really starting to take off there. 

Such a flukey thing too during a 2OT of all things, le sigh. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

playoff tix secured! been a hell of a season!

Hicks

Welp curse or not at least the Blazers can still clinch home court for the playoffs while hitting a buzzer beater on the Lakers' own floor on the day Magic bitches out and quits.

Fuck the Lakers and fuck BronBron, they gonna be a mess for a long time.

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on April 10, 2019, 01:23:24 AM
Welp curse or not at least the Blazers can still clinch home court for the playoffs while hitting a buzzer beater on the Lakers' own floor on the day Magic bitches out and quits.

Fuck the Lakers and fuck BronBron, they gonna be a mess for a long time.

Yeah, Lakers are a dumpster fire.  Pumped for the Blazers getting home court as  I am going on Saturday now.

VA $l!m

so excited for a Lebronless playoffs.  SO many great teams this year. gonna be epic!