News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Week4paug Needs [Suggestion Box]

Started by ucusty, November 09, 2006, 10:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: Undermind on June 14, 2010, 08:01:52 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 14, 2010, 07:42:23 PM
Quote from: Undermind on June 14, 2010, 06:11:04 PM
Not sure if it's possible but  it would be nice to add more than 10 people to a private message.  Though it's not something that I've tried before it would have been nice to have everybody on 1 message chain for the Hartford roll call group.

That's what the roll call THREAD is for.

Yeah I guess that's true.  I just didn't really want to put my cell # on there though.
I would taken your number and put it on CL's causal encounters. 

Young male seeks the company of an older whale in Hartford, call xxx-xxx-xxxx
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VA $l!m

i would like to suggest sticking this thread.

and while im on topic, ive always thought we should sticky certain threads that have a large amount of traffic. and maybe let go of some that have been stickied and died. just a suggestion mods. thanks for listening. :clap:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

justjezmund

would there be anyway to be able to quote from locked threads?  thats it
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Poster Nutbag

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on May 22, 2010, 12:46:09 PM
Is it possible to add a private chat IM feature... It would be really cool if you could ask people on line to a private chat, I thinks anyway..??
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

an IRC chat room might be cool...

guyforget

'paug's roots are in irc chatrooms

theyre simple to set up.  pick an app, pick a server, connect and start a channel.  im sure i could put an irc server on the week4paug server to keep it private, too. 

but as far as site integration with a chat feature, i have not seen any smf chat implementations that looked like something i want to install on this site.  there was one that came up last year that looked like it could be cool, but it never made it out of "alpha" stage, and thats a potentially buggy nightmare w/ the traffic that 'paug gets.  no chance of me installing alphas on this site. 

-AD_

rowjimmy

Quote from: blatboom on July 10, 2010, 01:18:00 AM
an IRC chat room might be cool...

Quote from: guyforget on July 10, 2010, 02:40:56 AM
'paug's roots are in irc chatrooms

theyre simple to set up.  pick an app, pick a server, connect and start a channel.  im sure i could put an irc server on the week4paug server to keep it private, too. 

Them was the days...

* rowjimmy still uses irc

kellerb

VA $l!m

i think the 'top ten' topics (in reply or view stats) should be stickied at all times.

also this thread needs to be stickied imo.

thanks.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

maybe this has been asked before, but can we remove, or at least raise, the embedding video limits? All of us regulars are getting the "Embedding disabled, limit reached." message at this point. Makes it annoying in the random threads, imo.

Cheers!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

blatboom

guyforget

-AD_

blatboom

McGrupp

Quote from: blatboom on December 18, 2010, 05:04:51 PM
the eyeballs are so much cooler 

They're both appropriate for different situations, imo...
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?