News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rd. 1: The Shawshank Redemption vs. Reservoir Dogs

Started by cactusfan, May 08, 2012, 03:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

mistercharlie

Frank Derabont is a directorial genius. He took this mediocre short story from Stephen King and transformed it into an amazing movie.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VDB

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:45:57 AM
Frank Derabont is a directorial genius. He took this mediocre short story from Stephen King and transformed it into an amazing movie.

Never read the novella but the film is, in my opinion, nearly flawless the whole way through.
Is this still Wombat?

mehead

This is a really tough choice but I'm going with Mr. Pink
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

phil

Any walking dead fans notice that the attorney in the opening scene of Shawshank is the same actor who plays Dale in the series?
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

cactusfan

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 08, 2012, 05:45:57 AM

everything else he's directed would disagree 100% with that statement.

ever see The Mist? there he turned a good story by King into a giant pile of horseshit. The Green Mile? yikes.

Darabont = one hit wonder.

Reservoir Dogs is Tarantino's best movie.

Igbo

This is strictly a personal choice for me. Reservoir Dogs for me is one of my favorite movies and I can watch it every day. The opening diner scene cracks me up everytime.

kellerb

I don't think the relative quality of the movies matters.  Morgan Freeman Voice-overs trump allllllllllll

Multibeast12

I am sick of Shawshank Redemption. Reservoir dogs is just genius, 

barnesy305

Reservoir Dogs. It also features my third favorite Gerry Rafferty tune, well, actually, Stealer's Wheel tune.

phil

Quote from: kellerb on May 08, 2012, 05:50:18 PM
Morgan Freeman Voice-overs trump allllllllllll

Morgan Freeman is the only narrator who could make prison rape sound like anything less than a horrendous nightmare. He does a great job of that in this film.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

ytowndan

Both great films.  But when it comes down to my personal favorite of the two, it's certainly Reservoir Dogs.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

aphineday

Shawshank for me, but I do love Reservoir Dogs.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mbw

i love both, but tarantino will go far with pulp fiction so i voted shawshank.

whatapiper

Shawshank may be my favorite movie of all time and while Reservoir dogs is in my top 10 there is no comparison
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong