News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/30 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Post-Show Discussion

Started by rowjimmy, December 30, 2011, 11:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

phg

Cripes that was a tough one to swallow last nite. something is seriously wrong with trey this week, that was the worst show ive heard him play since coventry. axilla was embarassing. pathetic setlist  for a 12.30 show too, couldn't even salvage the show with a few bustouts.

didn't expect I'd be this negative but last nite really sucked.12/28 set 2 is still the best of the run.

whatapiper

Had some early evening plans last night so I didnt start streaming til the piper.   I have no idea how long they had been in that moment but what I heard was sweetness.   The transition to Twist was smooth as I remember.   I also thought the Bowie / Coil were fantastic.

ETA:  My audio and video last might were perfect.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

phil

I loved last night's show. I thought they were really feeding off the energy in the room and were playing really comfortable. To be honest, I was stone cold sober last night and while there was a bit of sloppiness going on, I didn't really think twice about it at the time. There wasn't anything glaring (except I thought Piper could have gone on a little longer but oh well). To me, they seemed comfortable on stage and I thought the vibe reflected that. I'm about to download it and listen to it on my way into the city today and return with more thoughts after further review. That show was really awesome.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

danje

Least favorite so far. Really enjoyed the Caspian and Piper though.

zackonthetrain

Quote from: danje on December 31, 2011, 01:55:09 PM
Least favorite so far. Really enjoyed the Caspian and Piper though.

agreed, trey seemed really tired. page has been picking everyone up during this run. i give page early mvp honors
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

McGrupp

Piper was worth the price of admission alone. I haven't listened back yet, but there was some special shit going on.

And how bout the mike BOMB!!! The whole place shook (And everyone went nuts!!!)  :crazy:

Setlist was up and down, but it was a good show. There were a couple of times where I cringed at the Trey flubs (axilla?), but as I said, Piper made up for any of the low points.

I walked out extremely happy.

TONIGHT!!!!!!
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

whatapiper

Could be a monster tonight, Reba, Ghost, DWD, Mound, Curtain with...
beginning to end
we belong

WhatstheUse?

I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Piper and Bowie were killer. Piper being probably my favorite jam so far this run. Trey was so laid back and just playing very texturaly. I think he has been sounding great this run.

I don't understand getting caught up on the flubs. Axilla was rocking and the crowd was feeling it. The flubs mean so little in the big scheme of a Phish show for me. Its all about the energy in the room and how the band harneses it.

Can't wait for tonight!!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

roggae

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2011, 04:00:42 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed last night . Piper and Bowie were killer. Piper being probably my favorite jam so far this run. Trey was so laid back and just playing very texturaly. I think he has been sounding great this run.

I don't understand getting caught up on the flubs. Axilla was rocking and the crowd was feeling it. The flubs mean so little in the big scheme of a Phish show for me. Its all about the energy in the room and how the band harneses it.

Agree.
Clearly it's all awful.

DoW

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2011, 04:00:42 PM

staret a mosh pit tonight.  energy will be through the roof.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

whatapiper

This Piper is full of win, full band shred and Mike and Leo layering beautifully.  Best phish I've heard in a while. 
beginning to end
we belong

phil

Quote from: McGrupp on December 31, 2011, 03:36:52 PM
There were a couple of times where I cringed at the Trey flubs (axilla?)

To me it looked like Trey was talking to Mike during the beginning and not playing, then he started. It wasn't like he forgot how to play it. I'm fine with it. It's one of those songs I didn't plan on listening to again anyway.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!