News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

have you heard about...?

Started by alcoholandcoffeebeans, December 04, 2007, 12:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamhydroJen

"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

rowjimmy

runawayjimbo

A 55 yr old Dallas Cowboy cheerleader? Gross (still totally WOULD)

http://www.tmdailypost.com/article/sports/woman-hopes-become-oldest-cheerleader-nfl-history

Woman Hopes to Become Oldest Cheerleader in NFL History

A 55-year-old Carrollton grandmother is making headlines with her bid to become a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader.

"On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up," Sharon Simmons told CBS DFW's Tracy Kornet. "I always wanted to try out. I got real close in my early 20s, but got busy raising my daughter. And I thought, why not now?"

Simmons, who is in excellent shape and competes in fitness competitions, is busy memorizing routines for the May tryouts, which will occur after her 56th birthday. "I love life. I'm having a blast. I'm having a ball," she said.

NFL.com's Marc Sessler was impressed with the grandmother of two: "Simmons isn't some drowsy-afternoons-on-the-porch type, prattling on about the Prohibition era and 10-cent gas. She's a national fitness competitor and author planning to give Brett Favre's Father Time act a serious run for the money." Sessler points out that if Simmons gets a spot on the squad, 42-year-old Laura Vikmanis of the Cincinnati Ben-Gals will lose her status as the NFL's current oldest cheerleader.

Jon Mark Beilue at the Amarillo Globe-News noted that whether or not Simmons is successful in her bid, "if nothing else, she may be the only candidate old enough to remember when the Cowboys actually went to a Super Bowl."

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

:insert blats throwup emoticon:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up

Especially "and up."
Is this still Wombat?

iamhydroJen

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 02, 2012, 01:40:54 PM
On stage, I blend right in with women in their 20s, 30s and up

Especially "and up."
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
"Years later, I found out they'd signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.  The head of Decca, Dick Rowe, made a canny prediction: 'Guitar groups are on the way out, Mr. Epstein.'" - George Harrison

mbw

ytowndan

http://news.yahoo.com/chief-1-dead-ohio-nursing-home-meth-lab-040937605.html

QuoteChief: 1 dead in Ohio nursing home meth lab fire

ASHTABULA, Ohio (AP) — A fire chief in northeast Ohio says a drug lab in the room of a nursing home resident has caused a fire that killed one person and injured six others.

Ashtabula (ash-tuh-BYOO'-luh) fire Chief Ron Pristera says the man died Monday, following the Sunday night fire at Park Haven Nursing Home. He says the lab was making methamphetamine.

Pristera says the man was among three residents and two non-residents hospitalized. Two other people were treated at the scene.

A lawyer for the nursing home has declined to comment. Auditor's records show the home was built in 1950 and had 31 rooms. Pristera says 39 names were on its roster.

Methamphetamine is a highly addictive illegal stimulant often cooked in homes with flammable components. State officials say more than 300 meth labs were broken up last year.

Sounds like a real classy nursing home.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

Govt. agencies, colleges demand applicants' Facebook passwords

If I were on Facebook, which I'm not, I'd be inclined to tell them "go fuck yourself."
Is this still Wombat?

mbw

ytowndan

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

That's funny but I'm still not shaving.

You wanna save time and money?

Stop shaving.

Check this out:
You shave 5 days a week
You use a blade so it takes you 5 minutes to shave (cos you like to do things right)
That's 25 minutes a week, 52 weeks a year

That's 21 hours, 40 minutes annually.

That's pretty much a day of your life, lost.

If you do that every day from when you're 25 until retirement at 65?

That's 36 days.

An entire MONTH of your life wasted, standing in front of a mirror, looking up your own nose.

Think about it.

(think also about the likelihood that retirement age for most of us will be > 65 and that your grandfather probably didn't stop shaving when he retired...)

phil

I signed up cause I wanted to see if their razors are worth a damn. Will report back in a week or so.

Caveat Emptor: It comes out to three bucks a month with shipping :x
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?