News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

tom petty tonight

Started by gene, July 24, 2005, 04:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gene

I have just returned from a Tom Petty show this evening, thought I would might share my experience with you guys (if anyone still likes him).
He performed a nice show, with all his hits and goodies. He also performed a newly released song, no vocals just insturmentals which I enjoyed.

But boy was it a mission to get to this venue. I live in the area of the venue (northestern Pennsylvania) AND BOY was the traffic atrocious, worst i have ever seen for that particular venue. Traffic was backed up miles and miles and eventualy they started to board people on shuttle buses to get us up there, making people park their cars some place and get on a (school) bus.  People where bitching and whining the whole way we were on the ride (a school bus), but i really didnt mind it. Also i didnt have any tickets when i made my trip up there. Calling my local radio station while i was stuck in traffic (in the car) before i got to the buses asking if the tickets where sold out, the guy replied with a yes and at the moment i was like shit what a lost cause this has become, but after all the ruckus i got to the show and ended up finding two kids selling their tickets for some reason it looked (from what i overheard), or maybe just scalping them. Bought them for a rip off price of 50$ (eh). I considered it worth it because i wouldve just had to sit outside the venue with my other friend who had no tickets, because we had no way of getting back.

Overall:    quite an enjoying and thrilling experience for me
-peace