News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

wow.  i feel honored.  I...  yeah.  haha. 

anyway, today at work I thought about how great Bathtub Gin would be.  I think Trey would go for that, because it totally takes the focus off of him, with Page's discordant crazy cascades of piano quirkiness.  I really don't think they'll go there, though. 

As much as all of the songs I've talked about would be great, I really still think Maze is my number one call.  That, or Ghost.  or Tube. 

actually...  Tube could work real well:  an asteroid crashed and nothing burned.  Phish as asteroid.  It crashed, and nothing burned. 

or they might just do Piper all over again.  Its already got hiatus-ending set placement status... 

so really, i guess my main final list (as of right now) is:

Maze
Piper
Ghost
Tube
Chalkdust (which is actually my number 2 choice)

also note that these are not MY personal picks of what i'd want. 

.....but watch them come pull fucking Divided Sky
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

WhatstheUse?

keep up the good work Gumbo, keep up the good work....... :lol:
Bring in the dude!

redrum

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 01, 2008, 11:41:43 PM
.....but watch them come pull fucking Divided Sky

now that i could totally see happening.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sunrisevt

...I could sure see a "With" jam happening in the first set, to close the door on Coventry. But that's not exactly on topic, I suppose.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Gumbo72203

thats what makes me thing they'll do, like, Maze and THEN The Curtain With.   

embarrassed with failure, I try to reverse the course that my tread had already traversed...

or Curtain With > Maze.

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

PhishPhan

Now that I think about it, Bathtub Gin might sound pretty good. I suppose any song played over 200 times would also sound good :D. Meh, I'll just settle with Bouncing Around The Room...

sandcastles

DWD

or maybe Sex Machine? :mrgreen:
We're gonna sail through the night sky like a pair of bottle rockets

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: sandcastles on December 04, 2008, 08:51:50 AM
DWD

or maybe Sex Machine? :mrgreen:

DWD would be SO sick!!! I could see it happening too, it seems the band has always liked this song, and the ambient intro would get the crowd going wild!

I would like a straight up rocking disease, 94-95 style, no bullshit, just Trey ripping it up!!!
Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

ehh...   i don't think it'll be Down With Disease. 

Well, actually....  thinking about the first lines, it could totally make sense.  that, and it gives the spotlight to Gordon at the beginning, which would be cool.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 06, 2008, 03:28:04 PM
ehh...   i don't think it'll be Down With Disease. 

Well, actually....  thinking about the first lines, it could totally make sense.  that, and it gives the spotlight to Gordon at the beginning, which would be cool.

sooooooo..........does it make the "Main Final List (as of right now)"?
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

Phunkaddict

All Things Reconsidered>You Enjoy Myself!!!  Glide>YEM would be even better

^^^^then I woke up
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

sunrisevt

I'm gonna stick with "Wilson," with five or ten minutes of the opening vamp, thereby letting the n00bs get their sing along and "woo"-ing out of their system for a few songs.

And I credit my man Tyler for calling it.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

the other day i decided i want reba...not necesarily first song, but that be very cool as well in my book.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Mr Minor

I know it won't happen, but I would still like to see them open second or third night with Help>Slip>Franklin's.  It would blow people away and never be expected.

But I know it won't happen and don't mean to imply Phish should cover Dead tunes.  But it would be sweet.