News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

F**K!!!! Ticket Request...

Started by MiamiPhish, October 14, 2008, 05:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phunkaddict

mail order was 3 days instead of 8, much better there. What if it were only 1 day? It would suck if you were busy that day, but all of us and other every day fans would have got in a request and thousands of part time casual fans that haven't hardly thought of them in 4 years wouldn't have found out in time.
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on October 16, 2008, 01:02:44 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on October 16, 2008, 12:54:01 PM
Phish should consider contracting gdtstoo for "fan club" ticket sales...

Those folks do tickets right.

Or like the DMB fan club, Warehouse I think it's called.  $20/year to be in the club and get access to great seats, concert posters, whatever... is a pretty good deal.

Sign me up.

For the Phish version, that is.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

MiamiPhish

whyweigh5.0

so does anyone think the PTBMs will be all artworked up like sometimes in the past?  I wonder what will be on them if they are
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

antelope19

Just got off the phone with my brother.  He said he has not gotten an email yet one way or another.  Is there a number we can call to find out? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

blatboom

Quote from: antelope19 on October 16, 2008, 03:57:20 PM
Just got off the phone with my brother.  He said he has not gotten an email yet one way or another.  Is there a number we can call to find out? 

Quote from: mattstick on October 15, 2008, 12:41:57 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on October 15, 2008, 12:26:40 PM
i stlll haven't heard yay or nay...wtf?

call: 800-594-TIXX

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 15, 2008, 12:41:57 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on October 15, 2008, 12:26:40 PM
i stlll haven't heard yay or nay...wtf?

call: 800-594-TIXX

Sorry, just found this.  I will try this and see what happens.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

G. Augusto

GBL

blatboom

Quote from: GBL on October 16, 2008, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on October 16, 2008, 04:01:10 PM
Quote from: GBL on October 16, 2008, 04:00:42 PM
Quote from: jedifunk on October 14, 2008, 06:12:45 PM
denied as well

the mn 'paug crew isnt looking to good

too?

wb GBL.. TIME TO BE A DICK!

there were some concerned peeps over at etree wondering where you'd been (well.. one at least)

GBL

life sucks some times  :x

im back though.. now i just gotta get caught back up with the show club.. once i get my computer back  :frustrated:

antelope19

I'm calling the number right now with fingers crossed.

EDIT:  No dice, again.   :|  At least the guy on the phone was nice.

Phunkaddict

Quote from: 97phunkaddict on October 16, 2008, 11:07:54 AM
Quote from: caravan2001 on October 15, 2008, 09:00:22 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 15, 2008, 07:30:05 PM
 All Im saying is people just need to accept things the way they are. There's no need to critique every move the band makes. They had their reasons.
Im just thankful they are back.

QFT

And this is nothing- just wait until they actually start playing.  People are going to critique every second: "Dude, that was bunk, Trey was totally was like 2 seconds behind Page on the Golgi intro, WTF!"  I just have to ignore it....It will never be Fall 95 or Spring 93 again, but people are always going to sweat the smallest thing....
Exactly. The reality is that at best they will be as good as the best PH shows, without the painful guitar tones from Trey. I'm sorry but they have families now and busier lives and will never eat-sleep-breathe Phish again enabling them to be 93-95 caliber tightness. Trey doesn't want to be the guitarist he was 10-15 years ago anyway, it required ALL of his focus, time and energy and he simply can't do it anymore. I truly feel that his style of playing now is strait from his soul and is his identity that he has matured into and can call his own, in contrast to the trey playing we know and love from the 90s that has much more influence from his inspirations.  They have always been about evolving anyway. I remember thinking in 98 that it was a shame that the 97 sound had come and gone already, but that is how they are able to continue playing by constantly turning the page and taking a new direction, for better or worse. If I am fortunate enough to be in Hampton, I will truly feel blessed to be seeing my favorite band ever once again, with my family and friends to share it with hopefully.  :phish:...Living in the moment of 2009 Phish, not disappointed that they don't sound the way they have in the past.

Also, The old painful mail order process, as fun as that was buggin out at the post office, was not more fair. There was a 4 ticket limit then, how is that better in this situation? That would result in less filled requests.

EATING WORDS... after last night, only his 4th show back, I am completely convinced that he is working towards being better than ever before. So much definition and purpose in his playing. He looks like a man on a mission. 2009 Phish has the potential to be as good or even better than any other year (different obviously) in the past... yup, I just said that... It's just a matter of being able to get in to see it.
And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now