News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The RUMOR MILL THREAD for **ALL RUMORS** [individual threads will be deleted]

Started by redrum, November 29, 2008, 09:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runawayjimbo

Quote from: emay on January 09, 2018, 08:53:13 AM
The rumor mill churns, the old men get grumpy

Haha, emay just called all you dudes old.

Now get off my lawn, punk.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 09, 2018, 03:34:27 PM
Quote from: VDB on January 09, 2018, 08:56:41 AM
Festy rumors are also afoot, which if at Watkins again might be unwanted ticket competition with a BD2.0.

That's not actually a rumor at this point.  Pretty much fact.  Try getting an RV anywhere in New England for those dates.  That fest is a lock.

Also, when I called the condo lady at the Gorge, she said she has been on the phone with Phish fans all day.  For whatever that is worth (not much).  On the other hand, where's there's smoke, there's fire....

That same nothing burger pic has been all over the internets... people are hyped!

Quote from: emay on January 09, 2018, 08:53:13 AM
The rumor mill churns, the old men get grumpy

Not sure who's grumpy. Not me.
Probably gonna be the newbs who don't know what an official account looks like.

sunrisevt

Quote from: mattstick on January 09, 2018, 12:43:32 PM

Something like a 2 "leg" situation like we've seen in the past could work...  Late June/early July 14 nights @ MSG, then a second leg with Gorge > Chicago > MPP > Watkins in August.

Yeah, I could see that. Not 13 nights at one venue though.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 09, 2018, 10:58:38 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 09, 2018, 12:43:32 PM

Something like a 2 "leg" situation like we've seen in the past could work...  Late June/early July 14 nights @ MSG, then a second leg with Gorge > Chicago > MPP > Watkins in August.

Yeah, I could see that. Not 13 nights at one venue though.

Gonna flip back a few pages and see what people said last year...

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 04, 2017, 06:26:01 PM
Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 04, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
Old news but I did hear over the Holiday that 13 nights at MSG starting in late July is on.  Have fun sweating in the city.  Sadly I think this is a poor choice for our boys and just might show a chink in the armor.  I'd be surprised if they sell out any weekdays in the city in the summer.

I thought I heard it was gonna be just weekends over a month totalling 12 - 13 nights.

How about that.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 04, 2017, 07:55:37 PM
I've heard so many "guaranteed its happening" vs "guaranteed it's NOT happening" rumors re: the MSG residency that it's hard to judge. At this point, I just hope they play as much as they can! I'm not expecting much this next year In general...

Low expectations is a path that skirts disappointment. How'd you do?

Quote from: emay on January 04, 2017, 08:00:11 PM
who cares, your just gonna hear the same repeats every weekend anyways  :evil:

This guy is good at the rumors thread.

Quote from: mattstick on January 04, 2017, 09:16:56 PM

This is what I heard for the 13 nights...

7/20-23
7/26
7/28-30
8/1
8/3-6th

This guy IS good at the rumors thread.

Quote from: Hicks on January 04, 2017, 09:29:03 PM

If they do no repeats that will be cool. 

If not, then it sounds kinda lame.

We're gonna go with "cool", right?

Quote from: anthrax on January 04, 2017, 09:31:41 PM
damn.  i guess that makes sense if they want to sell them all out, but i wasn't expecting the dates to be so spread out.

Why wouldn't they want them so sell out?

Quote from: ytowndan on January 04, 2017, 09:53:11 PM
Quote from: Hicks on January 04, 2017, 09:29:03 PM
If they do no repeats that will be cool. 

If not, then it sounds kinda lame.

They could pull if off if they wanted to.  But, if the run is going to be split into chunks like that, I doubt they will go without repeating a few of the heavy hitters.

We all had doubts, for sure.

Quote from: Nedstruzz on January 05, 2017, 11:17:13 AM
I believe those are generally the correct dates.  Late July to Early August is what I was told.

The first I heard about them doing something like this was last summer and executing in December but couldn't work out the dates with MSG. 

Now its on for July and August. I'll report back if I hear anything different.

He did not hear different.

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 05, 2017, 08:14:30 PM
Quote from: kellerb on January 05, 2017, 03:29:49 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 05, 2017, 11:26:05 AM
It's a lock  :wink:

http://www.relix.com/blogs/detail/msg_security_guard_seems_to_think_phish_is_coming_back_for_thirteen_shows

Did he used to be a gas station attendant?

That's my boy!

included for the lulz

mattstick

Outstanding recap.

Let's all remember the times I got rumours correct, and forget all the other rumours.

mattstick

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on January 10, 2018, 09:56:31 AM

Also, 3 nights Gorge in August

I don't think 3 nights at the Gorge would be advised, crowd (myself included) would be in rough shape on that third night. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mbw

Quote from: mattstick on January 10, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

Outstanding recap.

Let's all remember the times I got rumours correct, and forget all the other rumours.

emay

You're taking these rumors a little too seriously Jonathan.

Thought this was a page where we hype on possible real/fake Phish tour dates, also known as rumors to some, and make sarcastic predictions for comedic relief. Didn't mean to turn it into some sort of digital courtroom where we need to research year old responses to prove...something. :roll:

emay

rowjimmy

Quote from: emay on January 10, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
You're taking these rumors a little too seriously Jonathan.

Thought this was a page where we hype on possible real/fake Phish tour dates, also known as rumors to some, and make sarcastic predictions for comedic relief. Didn't mean to turn it into some sort of digital courtroom where we need to research year old responses to prove...something. :roll:

Although the rumor thread is, ideally, for posting rumors that may have some basis in reality, I think you're the one taking things too seriously, grumpy.

Other than my point about how I find it funny that the entire Phish internet took that instagram post as cause to buy plane tickets to Washington state, I'm just playing around here.

anthrax

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2018, 02:21:22 PM
Other than my point about how I find it funny that the entire Phish internet took that instagram post as cause to buy plane tickets to Washington state, I'm just playing around here.

Real men drive to the Gorge!  That's the only way I've done it all 3 times!  :rawk: :rawk:

Seriously, though...with the success of the Bakers Dozen, Phish could easily do another residency at MSG, play Watkins, and still play enough dates in the West, Midwest, and Southeast to fill 2 legs.

rowjimmy

Quote from: anthrax on January 10, 2018, 06:19:51 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 10, 2018, 02:21:22 PM

Real men drive to the Gorge!  That's the only way I've done it all 3 times!  :rawk: :rawk:

Seriously, though...with the success of the Bakers Dozen, Phish could easily do another residency at MSG, play Watkins, and still play enough dates in the West, Midwest, and Southeast to fill 2 legs.

I could see all of that happening and I hope, for the sake of the suckers out west, that it does.

whatapiper

Anyone seen this?

7/13-15 BGCA
7/20-21 Gorge
7/24-25 Deer Creek
7/27-28 Alpine
7/31 St.Louis
8/1 OKC
8/3 Alabama
8/4-5 ATL
8/7 Nashville
8/8 Charleston
8/11-12 MPP
8/14-15 The Mann
8/17-19 Watkins

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

VA $l!m

Quote from: whatapiper on January 11, 2018, 11:00:16 PM
Anyone seen this?

7/13-15 BGCA
7/20-21 Gorge
7/24-25 Deer Creek
7/27-28 Alpine
7/31 St.Louis
8/1 OKC
8/3 Alabama
8/4-5 ATL
8/7 Nashville
8/8 Charleston
8/11-12 MPP
8/14-15 The Mann
8/17-19 Watkins
i'm prepared to eat my words if it happens but the st. louis>>> charleston part of that looks like complete horse shit.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-