News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

I Got a Loaf of Bread Today

Started by nab, November 29, 2008, 12:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nab

redrum

2008 Week4paug Awards.

Most random thread nominee.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

nab

I'll let you know how it goes, its not quite lunchtime yet.

blatboom

nab

Quote from: blatboom on November 29, 2008, 12:47:44 PM
sweeet blog

Not quite, I'm out of cranberry sauce.

Edit to add:  Do you guys think that I should upgrade to hot turkey sandwich?  I've heard there are problems with soggy bread.

blatboom

Quote from: nab on November 29, 2008, 12:54:13 PM
Quote from: blatboom on November 29, 2008, 12:47:44 PM
sweeet blog

Not quite, I'm out of cranberry sauce.

Edit to add:  Do you guys think that I should upgrade to hot turkey sandwich?  I've heard there are problems with soggy bread.

that's definitely a risk.  but you could just live on the edge..

wizard

Hot or Cold... As long as you picked up something to wash that sucker down, you should be good to go!

messengerbird

I say screw the sandwich and go straight for the turkey stew.
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

redrum

the rumors you've heard about sog-problems, have in some cases proven to be true.

you could always toast or butter and grill the bread.
have you ever considered either of those options?
and if you have, how do you feel about them?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

rowjimmy

Grill that bitich. Then just be careful with the amount of gravy on that sammy...

Igbo

Grill the whole thing like a turkey reuben type thang

nab

Well, I decided to go with the cold sammy since I'm busy typing papers right now.  

My advice: go with a more robust whole grain bread.  I didn't pick out any wimpy white bread, no I went with a whole wheat oat and barley blend.  The sweetness of the oat and barley failed to match well with the Durkee sauce I chose to accompany the turkey.  

The whole package was saved though with the addition of Honey BBQ Fritos Twists and a tall glass of cold Coke.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on November 29, 2008, 01:25:20 PM
Grill the whole thing like a turkey reuben type thang

Hells yeah.
* rowjimmy breaks out the sauerkraut

natronzero

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 29, 2008, 01:14:42 PM

Grill that bitich. Then just be careful with the amount of gravy on that sammy...

Best way to handle this is in a cup on the side, french dip style.

Quote from: nab on November 29, 2008, 01:26:15 PM
The whole package was saved though with the addition of Honey BBQ Fritos Twists and a tall glass of cold Coke.

Nice call...

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

cleech74

All this talk of turkey sandwiches has made me want to go get my skillet, a good size brick, and some focaccia.

Then procede to make the Thanksgiving Leftovers Paninni Sandwich.  A co-worker learned me of this one, last year.  It could quite be the Best Sandwich Ever. :-D
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon