News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

I hate:

having an interview for a rather cool job when I am out of clean shirts.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Itsnotanexperience

today i hate:

corporate paradigms
people that use corporate words like paradigms
i hate timeframes......
and people that use the word timeframes.......
i hate a lack of summer, live music, choies........i was looking forward
to seeing DMB on 6/1/05 here at home, but i really dislike the new record......
so today, i hate DMB

VA $l!m

sorry, i've always hated DMB...
it used to be a prerequisite , being from Richmond.(some dirtyRich heads know why; --long story)
funny too, b/c i grew up w/ stefan lassard the bass player on southside, used to skate w/ the kid in middle school.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

Today (and most days) I hate shameless self promotion.
Especially when it is done at every available turn...

that said, here's some for ya: www.minerleague.com has posted a short story by yours truly

feel free to comment, bash and pass along.

jedifunk

today i hate:  annoying arguements that have no end in sight (see shn>flac reconversion issues)

i'll leave it at that.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

RalphPa

Quote from: jedifunktoday i hate:  annoying arguements that have no end in sight (see shn>flac reconversion issues)

i'll leave it at that.

Me too, although you know I am on the other side of that argument.  :wink:

jedifunk

actually i think i'm fairly neutral on this one.  i see both sides, and i actually dont care one way or the other, as long as i get more phish!
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

RalphPa

Quote from: jedifunkactually i think i'm fairly neutral on this one.  i see both sides, and i actually dont care one way or the other, as long as i get more phish!

OK.  I guess I just assumed you were on "the Dark Side."   :)

I can definitely see how just being a witness to it can be annoying.

jedifunk

it really has nothing to do with the subject, its just a fact of human nature it seems.  the fact that we will argue over something when its obvious that neither side is willing to give up their view point.

its frustrating, funny, & sad all at the same time.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

VA $l!m

today i hate my parents b/c they just hopped on a plane to S.F. , and left me here in f--ing neb.
...party at my house ...everyone's invited...wooooo... :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

mattstick

GoldenRoad

I hate living in a town where there is no Chipoltes and no real burrito joint of any sort!  No taco bell even, believe it or not!  That's canada for you.
I also hate living here b/c no one good ever comes here.  I have to travel a minimum of 16 hours by car this summer to see any band I even remotely want to see.  The closest thing to Regina, Saskatchewan is Summerfest in Wisconsin, which is still over 16 hours.  Anyways...I do love summer.

RalphPa

Quote from: GoldenRoadI hate living in a town where there is no Chipoltes and no real burrito joint of any sort!  No taco bell even, believe it or not!  That's canada for you.
I also hate living here b/c no one good ever comes here.  I have to travel a minimum of 16 hours by car this summer to see any band I even remotely want to see.  The closest thing to Regina, Saskatchewan is Summerfest in Wisconsin, which is still over 16 hours.  Anyways...I do love summer.

Mrs. and baby RalphPa are in bed, so I am a little bored.  I took a look at your location.  Looks like you are in the middle of Calgary and Winnipeg.

Here are some shows I found of interest that seem to be a ton less than 16 hours away, although the selection still blows beyond belief.  Suggestion...move to the US or at least somewhere minutes away in Canadia.

Calgary
Mon 07/18/05 Willie Nelson - Saddledome
Thurs 07/21/05 Jeff Tweedy - Calgary Folk Festival
Fri 07/22/05 Xavier Rudd - Calgary Folk Festival
Sat 07/23/05 Xavier Rudd, David Lindley & Bill Frisell Band - Calgary Folk Festival
Sat 07/23/05 Del McCoury Band - Prince Island Park (a must see!!!)
Sun 09/04/05 Pearl Jam - Saddledome
Sat 09/24/05 Santana - Saddledome

Winnipeg
Sat 07/09/05 Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players - Winnipeg Folk Festival
Sun 07/10/05 Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players - Winnipeg Folk Festival

All I can say is that I feel your pain.  People in the US complain about not enough good bands coming nearby, but this is beyond that.  If I were to go within 4 hours from Baltimore, I could see awesome bands/artists almost every night of the week.

guyforget

Bartenders, Drag Shows (as in Drag Queens), and people who honestly believe that they know whats going on when they have no fucking clue.
-AD_