News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Undermind

It's post show so let's discuss

2009-07-30
Red Rocks Amphitheater Morrison, CO

Sound Check: Foam, Party Time, Sugar Shack, Beauty of a Broken Heart, (Mike tune), Billy Breathes, Time Turns Elastic

Set 1: Divided Sky, Ocelot,The Wedge, Poor Heart, The Moma Dance, Horn, Stash, The Horse > Silent in the Morning, Possum

Set 2: Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Ghost, Wolfman's Brother, Limb By Limb, Billy Breathes, Squirming Coil, David Bowie

Encore: Loving Cup

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Superfreakie

As many have posted, can't wait to dig into that second set.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

I seriously am contemplating staying up to hear this Ghost and 2nd set.
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

thechad

Looks pretty decent, nothing out of the ordinary for 3.0 but I'm hoping that the Ghost lives up to all of the chatter that's going on.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Undermind

Quote from: thechad on July 31, 2009, 01:38:06 AM
Looks pretty decent, nothing out of the ordinary for 3.0 but I'm hoping that the Ghost lives up to all of the chatter that's going on.

It sounded like Mike's Groove was very standard, but Ghost and Wolfman's went places.

mistercharlie

Can't wait to hear the Ghost. I'll probably listen to it first. I'm also excited to hear Silent in the Morning with Page on Piano instead of acoustic trey.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Undermind

Quote from: Mistercharlie on July 31, 2009, 01:41:12 AM
Can't wait to hear the Ghost. I'll probably listen to it first. I'm also excited to hear Silent in the Morning with Page on Piano instead of acoustic trey.

I forgot about that!

Superfreakie

Quote from: Undermind on July 31, 2009, 01:39:29 AM
Quote from: thechad on July 31, 2009, 01:38:06 AM

It sounded like Mike's Groove was very standard, but Ghost and Wolfman's went places.

That's the problem with 3.0. I find set lists are far from being indicative of the actual playing. There was a time when you knew that throwing down a big list meant they were feeling it.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Undermind

I'm hoping somebody other than Micah Gordon is doing the post production on the SBD.

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

Undermind

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

thechad

And tonight is now available on LP, hopefully they weren't just blowing smoke by saying that the mixes were going to be better.  We shall soon see!
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

sprobeck

Just got back. What a lovely evening! The Stash jam was great--best 3.0 Jam I'd heard up to that point.  The most interesting moment for me came during Ghost. When the tune started it felt like people were a bit let down or disappointed with the song selection.  The band does play it differently now--without the loops and effects. I enjoyed it though. Nice to hear they guys just play their instruments.  They seemed to be repeating a theme that sounded Santana like to me. 
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

RabeldyNugs

Stash was about 19min, well almost and Ghost clocked in at 18, so not bad for 1st show of the tour I guess.  My ears will be the judge.  Nothing however, jumps out at me when reading the setlist.

One question though:
Was it raining all night or did it break during divided sky, like in '93?  Just curious if the weather had an effect on the show....
:phish:
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs