News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: aphineday on October 23, 2009, 03:12:24 AM
Quote from: Play_It_Leo on October 22, 2009, 11:23:21 PM
My wife has mentioned doing the local (St. Louis) half in April. I'm thinking that's what I'll shoot for probably, although I wouldn't mind checking out a race a few weeks before or after that one. I'll see if I can do a little researching for April/May and see what I come up with.
Sweet, yeah I'd be down to give STL a shot. I'm open to others as well, so let me know what you come up with. I could use a good goal to work towards as well. I'm running a 7 mile off road costume race in Des Moines, IA in November. Looks like crazy fun!

Here's the half marathon I'm thinking about right now:
http://www.illinoismarathon.com/index.php

Haven't checked out too many others yet. But I may not need to, this one sounds pretty good.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

G. Augusto

Cranked out a ten miler today for the first time in a while.
Felt strong, too.

aphineday

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 26, 2009, 04:37:36 PM
Felt strong, too.
:banana: Congrats man, I'm gonna go for a 3 or 4 miler within the next hour or so. My third run after being out for about 5 days. I wrenched my back all sorts of nasty playing football. Kickass run!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 26, 2009, 04:37:36 PM
Felt strong, too.

Nice job. I'm still quite a ways off from being back up to the 10 mile mark. That's awesome aug.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

mattstick

10 miles is a nice warmup.

When is the marathon August?   :evil:

G. Augusto

Quote from: mattstick on October 26, 2009, 05:38:23 PM

10 miles is a nice warmup.

When is the marathon August?   :evil:

First week of May!
Got a half in March and then going full out from there!

mattstick

Nice bro

My spring is shaping up similarly...

end of Feb, Grimsby Half
mid March, Around the Bay 30K
early May, Sporting Life 10K
late May, Ottawa full.

Rinse & Repeat.

G. Augusto

Quote from: mattstick on October 26, 2009, 05:58:58 PM

Nice bro

My spring is shaping up similarly...

end of Feb, Grimsby Half
mid March, Around the Bay 30K
early May, Sporting Life 10K
late May, Ottawa full.

Rinse & Repeat.

Nice.
I wish I had a half around December, but I'll manage.
There are always 10Ks to run, but that's child's play... :wink:

mattstick

If 10Ks are getting easy, time to get that time under 45 minutes...

G. Augusto

Quote from: mattstick on October 26, 2009, 06:32:21 PM

If 10Ks are getting easy, time to get that time under 45 minutes...

I run to listen to music.

mattstick

See if you can finish a 10K while listening to the Woosta 98 Mikes>Groove.

G. Augusto

Quote from: mattstick on October 26, 2009, 06:44:38 PM

See if you can finish a 10K while listening to the Woosta 98 Mikes>Groove.

I'd prolly fall asleep.

sunrisevt

:-( ....

Looks like the only way I'm going to get in running shape again is by getting up before 5:30am and running in the dark. If I pull it off, I'll feel like a better man for it, but boy, is it gonna hurt for the first couple of weeks. If I actually get there, you can expect to hear from me a bunch in "Today I hate..."
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: sunrisevt on October 27, 2009, 11:58:04 AM
:-( ....

Looks like the only way I'm going to get in running shape again is by getting up before 5:30am and running in the dark. If I pull it off, I'll feel like a better man for it, but boy, is it gonna hurt for the first couple of weeks. If I actually get there, you can expect to hear from me a bunch in "Today I hate..."

once you get in the habit, it won't be bad.
by march, you'll get some light - at least until daylight savings comes back.
Until then, you have the beautiful northern Vt winter mornings to look forward too
:wink:

(actually, the pre-dawn winter sky is pretty cool)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sunrisevt

:-D Yeah, but it's hard to see when your eyeballs are freezing over. Certain aspects of my home state's perfection are, well.... let's say "mysterious".
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.