News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

impressive.

beer always seems to cure what ails you  :-)
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

aphineday

So I head out to tackle a 4 miler today, pop on Miles Davis: Birth of the Blues, set my Forerunner, etc.. as I take my first step, I collapse in pain. This might be a little graphic, so feel free to stop reading now....

... okay so the pain is all in my groin, and I immediately call my dad (a doc) who calls his urologist who in turn calls me. Tells me to go to the ER asap as it could be a twisted testicle, which would require immediate surgery.

4 hours, tons of poking/proding, an ultrasound, and a shot of antibiotics later, I'm home. I have a cyst that formed as the result of the fucking H1N1 I had last week. How shitty is that? All in all, I'm so relieved that's all it is.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: aphineday on November 13, 2009, 12:19:53 AM
So I head out to tackle a 4 miler today, pop on Miles Davis: Birth of the Blues, set my Forerunner, etc.. as I take my first step, I collapse in pain. This might be a little graphic, so feel free to stop reading now....

... okay so the pain is all in my groin, and I immediately call my dad (a doc) who calls his urologist who in turn calls me. Tells me to go to the ER asap as it could be a twisted testicle, which would require immediate surgery.

4 hours, tons of poking/proding, an ultrasound, and a shot of antibiotics later, I'm home. I have a cyst that formed as the result of the fucking H1N1 I had last week. How shitty is that? All in all, I'm so relieved that's all it is.

Good news overall, glad you avoided a much bigger issue.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

btw

just where did they give you that injection anyway?

aphineday

Quote from: slslbs on November 13, 2009, 09:47:06 PM

btw

just where did they give you that injection anyway?
HAHA!  I lucked out, just in my butt. Stings pretty good, but they cut it with lidocaine  so it takes the edge off.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

sls.stormyrider

hmmm

must've used a pretty long needle if you got a cyst in your groin
:wink:

Play_It_Leo

I put in a quick 4 in the cold rain this morning. Always feel strong after pushing through on the bad weather days.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

GBL

Off to my 1st 5k!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

GBL

Quote from: GBL on November 26, 2009, 08:24:51 AM
Off to my 1st 5k!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Success! Posted time of 35:42 but since there were about 13,000 people running i didn't get to the start line till about 2 or 3 minutes after they started the clock.. 
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mattstick

sls.stormyrider

nice. nothing like a race Thanksgiving morning. makes the gluttony to follow seem justified
:-)

5K this AM, 21:35

birdman

Quote from: slslbs on November 26, 2009, 12:00:29 PM
nice. nothing like a race Thanksgiving morning. makes the gluttony to follow seem justified
:-)

5K this AM, 21:35
Did you get a pie?
Paug FTMFW!

sls.stormyrider

yep - gonna send it to Austin. Figure it will be there when he gets back from his honeymoon.

did your daughter run?

fauxpaxfauxreal

Quote from: GBL on November 26, 2009, 11:24:26 AM
Quote from: GBL on November 26, 2009, 08:24:51 AM
Off to my 1st 5k!

Success! Posted time of 35:42 but since there were about 13,000 people running i didn't get to the start line till about 2 or 3 minutes after they started the clock..

Don't they use the thing in your shoe to not start your official time until you cross the starting line?