News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

I must say I'm impressed.

The paug is on a roll. Good luck to all that just are getting started. Have patience, have fun.
Read the Penguin Chronicles

We'll have to enter as a team for the next Runaway Jim 5K
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Another 6 miles this morning and doing it consistently!  We're a month and a half away from the 10 miler.  I think I'm right on target so far. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mattstick

Run for the roses!

I'm running my 3rd marathon at the end of September, really focusing on strength training and not running for now.

I know I can run that far, so I'm going to improve my overall fitness level in July/August, then towards the end of August really ramp it up with some big runs so I don't get burnt out.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on July 16, 2010, 09:23:02 AM
Another 6 miles this morning and doing it consistently!  We're a month and a half away from the 10 miler.  I think I'm right on target so far.

Good work lope!!! 

I'm still on week 1 of the Couch-to-5K method after a short hiatus.  Feels great!
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 16, 2010, 09:58:06 AM

Good work lope!!! 

I'm still on week 1 of the Couch-to-5K method after a short hiatus.  Feels great!

Nice work! 

couch-to-5k, lol   :-D

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: antelope19 on July 16, 2010, 10:02:33 AM

Good work lope!!! 

Nice work! 

Yeah and I like the couch....A LOT!   :-D

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 16, 2010, 10:03:45 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on July 16, 2010, 10:02:33 AM

Good work lope!!! 

Nice work! 

Yeah and I like the couch....A LOT!   :-D

Believe me, I know.  having someone else to run with, and keep you accountable has helped out ALOT

Play_It_Leo

Nice job 'lope, can't wait to hear how your 10 miler goes. Keep up the great work.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 03, 2012, 12:45:00 AM
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 24, 2012, 11:37:26 AM
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on July 16, 2010, 02:08:55 PM
Nice job 'lope, can't wait to hear how your 10 miler goes. Keep up the great work.

yea, keep it up!!!
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

UncleEbinezer

On the second week of the couch to 5K.  Getting up this morning was tough, but after the run, worth it.  I feel so much better afterwards.  I think once I relaly get set on the routine it will be great.  I can't wait to get further along in the program so I'm not doing so much run/walk and more run.  I think that accomplishment feeling is what I really want to get at!

antelope19

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 19, 2010, 09:52:06 AM
On the second week of the couch to 5K.  Getting up this morning was tough, but after the run, worth it.  I feel so much better afterwards.  I think once I relaly get set on the routine it will be great.  I can't wait to get further along in the program so I'm not doing so much run/walk and more run.  I think that accomplishment feeling is what I really want to get at!

Monday/Tuesday mornings are definitely tougher depending on how much you "enjoyed" the weekend.   :-D

Play_It_Leo

About 4.5 miles this morning. Started out cool & overcast. Ended with me pushing the kids in the stroller through the rain. Oops. At least they have a canopy over the stroller.
I love what the band did in Sand.  Those last 12-13 minutes were ACE, Tom Ace.  If I were drinking from the toilet, I might have been killed.
Bouncin' - after all that, fuck they could have kicked their instruments in the face and I would have loved to eat some ice cream.

antelope19

Quote from: Play_It_Leo on July 20, 2010, 04:17:05 PM
About 4.5 miles this morning. Started out cool & overcast. Ended with me pushing the kids in the stroller through the rain. Oops. At least they have a canopy over the stroller.

:-D

Glad you're getting out there!

sls.stormyrider

LOL. I remember going out on a run thinking I could beat the thunderstorm.
got home about 10 lbs heavier from the extra weight of rainwater in my clothes and shoes. not to mention that I couldn't see out of my glasses.
I gotta get one of those canopies

Play_It_Leo

Quote from: slslbs on July 21, 2010, 11:30:40 PM
LOL. I remember going out on a run thinking I could beat the thunderstorm.
got home about 10 lbs heavier from the extra weight of rainwater in my clothes and shoes. not to mention that I couldn't see out of my glasses.
I gotta get one of those canopies

Not just a canopy, somebody to push you while you're covered in it. good luck!