News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomapella

So I've been putting on a bit of a gut lately as well as feeling depressed and lazy a lot of the time, and I figured starting running would be a great way to combat all of these things.  I went for the first time this morning before looking up this thread and was feeling beat after 10 minutes, then I looked at Mattstick's first post and I guess that's a good place to start.  I do need some new shoes, though.

Gundo

Quote from: Tomapella on January 25, 2012, 02:33:13 PM
So I've been putting on a bit of a gut lately as well as feeling depressed and lazy a lot of the time, and I figured starting running would be a great way to combat all of these things.  I went for the first time this morning before looking up this thread and was feeling beat after 10 minutes, then I looked at Mattstick's first post and I guess that's a good place to start.  I do need some new shoes, though.
Just don't over-do when you go out. A bad experience can make you real lazzzzy.

:phish:+running=greatness

antelope19

Getting back into it! I've run 5 miles 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks! Need to get back in shape!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Augustus

Quote from: antelope19 on February 07, 2012, 06:58:12 PM
Getting back into it! I've run 5 miles 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks! Need to get back in shape!

Nice!
Don't stop!

Just started my LI marathon training two weeks ago.
Stoked to be back.

antelope19

Yeah, I need to sign up for a race for that extra motivation.

Augustus

Quote from: antelope19 on February 07, 2012, 09:04:33 PM
Yeah, I need to sign up for a race for that extra motivation.

Always helps.

whatapiper

Got another 12k coming up and need some mixes!  Anyone have some to share? I know Mattstick had some mixes up at some point???

Trying to beat my previous 12k time to bring it under 50 minutes.  Looking at doing a half marathon next here eventually. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

New Running shoes bump!

I got a pair of Saucony hurricane 14's for my birthday.  I had forgotten how nice it is to have new running shoes(I was LONG overdue).  It's like running on pillows! 

Also, does anyone else use the map my run app?  I love it!  It tracks your route, tells you how far you've gone and how fast you're going.  I'm currently averaging around 9:15 mile.  Pretty slow, but I'm not trying to kill myself yet. 

mattstick

I bought a Nike+ SportWatch GPS, then I started riding my bike to work everyday and only run on the weekends...

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/products/sportwatch_pdp?pid=406329

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on April 16, 2012, 04:33:46 PM

I bought a Nike+ SportWatch GPS, then I started riding my bike to work everyday and only run on the weekends...

http://nikerunning.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikeplus/en_US/products/sportwatch_pdp?pid=406329

Nice!  Sharp looking watch

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: antelope19 on April 16, 2012, 03:38:06 PM
New Running shoes bump!

I got a pair of Saucony hurricane 14's for my birthday.  I had forgotten how nice it is to have new running shoes(I was LONG overdue).  It's like running on pillows! 

Also, does anyone else use the map my run app?  I love it!  It tracks your route, tells you how far you've gone and how fast you're going.  I'm currently averaging around 9:15 mile.  Pretty slow, but I'm not trying to kill myself yet.
I've used the web site to map out courses and distances but not the app itself. I should try it.

btw, this was NOT a great day for a marathon. I ran 8 yesterday and was quite warm.
+k to all the runners and volunteers
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Lifeboy

Quote from: mattstick on April 16, 2012, 04:33:46 PM

What kind of bike do you have?

My buddy and I used to be cycling fanatics. His older brother is a semi-pro (?) cyclist, so he got us into it. I really need to get back into cycling.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

antelope19

I've stopped enjoying the occasional beer Monday-Thursday in hopes of speeding up the process of getting back in shape too.  Totally not worth it.   :roll:

sls.stormyrider

time to bump this one.
the Annual Jerry Garcia Memorial Run last night.
5K - gun 21:58, net 21:13

followed by 2 hours of Harpoon on tap and dancing to Playin' Dead.

good times
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

antelope19

Bump.

Anyone doing any races this fall?  thinking about signing up for a half.........