News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Paug Runners' World

Started by GBL, August 21, 2009, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo Budd

So my friend is attempting to set a world record today. 150-kilometre journey through the Fundy Parkway trails, Fundy Footpath and part of Fundy Park, capped off with the entire Dobson Trail in 30 hours.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/new-brunswick/long-distance-new-brunswick-fundy-footpath-ultra-marathon-1.4280926
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 09, 2017, 07:57:53 AM
So my friend is attempting to set a world record today. 150-kilometre journey through the Fundy Parkway trails, Fundy Footpath and part of Fundy Park, capped off with the entire Dobson Trail in 30 hours.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/new-brunswick/long-distance-new-brunswick-fundy-footpath-ultra-marathon-1.4280926

Very cool.

random sidenote, but maybe not so, Ever seen the Barkley Marathons? It's a doc on netflix. Check that out.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sunrisevt

Nice! Saw a headline about this on my fb feed, first thing this morning.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Augustus

Augustus

So my Spring 50K in Oregon was destroyed by fires by some loser lighting fireworks.
Was really pumped on getting out to take in the Gorge Waterfalls in '18.
Fucking crazy how much was destroyed by one idiot.

Hicks

Quote from: Augustus on September 09, 2017, 04:11:05 PM
So my Spring 50K in Oregon was destroyed by fires by some loser lighting fireworks.

Yeah it's heartbreaking, one of my favorite places in the world. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

August

Quote from: Hicks on September 09, 2017, 09:26:46 PM

Really is heartbreaking.
Rainshadow Running is the group that puts on races all around the PNW and this will take quite some time to recover from. The trail system will obviously still be there, but the beauty and wildlife will take years to return. :/

The vibe and community that we feel as Phish fans is mirrored in the Ultrarunning community.
These races are put on and run by like-minded athletes that share their love for trails, running and fellowship.

I've watched this vid 100's of times in anticipation of my 2018 Gorge entry.
Give it a quick watch.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

totally sucks, on so many levels
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Quote from: August on September 10, 2017, 04:30:11 AM
Quote from: Hicks on September 09, 2017, 09:26:46 PM

Really is heartbreaking.
Rainshadow Running is the group that puts on races all around the PNW and this will take quite some time to recover from. The trail system will obviously still be there, but the beauty and wildlife will take years to return. :/

The vibe and community that we feel as Phish fans is mirrored in the Ultrarunning community.
These races are put on and run by like-minded athletes that share their love for trails, running and fellowship.

I've watched this vid 100's of times in anticipation of my 2018 Gorge entry.
Give it a quick watch.

Have they already cancelled it? 

The fire was extensive, but there are areas that were less affected than others. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Buffalo Budd

The final tally for Tim was 188.7 km through some very technical trail over 34 hrs.
Almost 4.5 marathons with over 6000 metres in elevation change.

Augustus

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 11, 2017, 01:47:39 PM

The final tally for Tim was 188.7 km through some very technical trail over 34 hrs.
Almost 4.5 marathons with over 6000 metres in elevation change.

Sick accomplishment! Dude needs a beer!!

Quote from: Hicks on September 11, 2017, 01:45:45 PM
Have they already cancelled it? 

The fire was extensive, but there are areas that were less affected than others.

QuoteIn light of the fires in the Columbia River Gorge, we are postponing the registration for both the Gorge Waterfalls 100K and 50K until we get a chance to talk with our permitting agencies. This may not be for several weeks or months as they need ample time to assess the condition of the trails. We will keep you all posted as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

So, not yet.
In all honesty, the allure for most is the course surroundings.
I've already switched my focus to a local 70K, but I'll be running the Gorge sometime in the future for sure.

Hicks

If they do end up having it in 2018, I'm sure they could use your support. 

Augustus

Quote from: Hicks on September 11, 2017, 03:00:38 PM
If they do end up having it in 2018, I'm sure they could use your support.

Unfortunately, my race is the same weekend (as their usual date.)
I totally would, too.
You also get guaranteed entry for the following year when you volunteer ;)