News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Best Source" Discussion set up, thoughts requested

Started by disco, November 04, 2009, 01:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

I was thinking of a way we could create a forum/thread that would allow people to vote on sources (one vote per source maybe) so that we could construct a tool that automatically rates our favorite tapes by vote. Then we could link to those etree sources or link the ISO forum for requests of said sources. Thoughts?
As a side note, G. Augusto has agreed to go back and listen to all sources of phish that exist and post links to etree links for said shows that he will totally like seed foreva and shit.
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

Shadowmaster

Quote from: disco on November 04, 2009, 01:04:51 AM
As a side note, G. Augusto has agreed to go back and listen to all sources of phish that exist and post links to etree links for said shows that he will totally like seed foreva and shit.

I am doing this as well, have been working up since 1992....

nab

This is sorely needed in the Phish cannon, and this is the best place to do it. 

I fear that any such dialogue may denigrate into minutiae like GD sources. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: Ifthir on November 04, 2009, 01:37:47 AM

Jeff Mitchell is doing this as well and has a blog that is running along with it. He started his listening project at 1990.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

AntelopeFreeway

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 04, 2009, 03:42:55 AM
Quote from: Ifthir on November 04, 2009, 01:37:47 AM

Jeff Mitchell is doing this as well and has a blog that is running along with it. He started his listening project at 1990.

TLTG (Too lazy to google)

Please post link

disco

I was thinking of a way we could create a forum/thread that would allow people to vote on sources (one vote per source maybe) so that we could construct a tool that automatically rates our favorite tapes by vote. Then we could link to those etree sources or link the ISO forum for requests of said sources. Thoughts?

I was being sarcastic about Mr. Augusto   :-D ....he may be doing that but I'm not looking for someone to go back, just a place for us to record things moving forward.
I know the db will keep all the sources, what I'm looking to do is have a vote system (or something) that allows us to rate sources so that someone can swoop in, see the recommended sources and link right to said torrents.

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

mistercharlie

Quote from: disco on November 04, 2009, 02:35:34 PM

I was being sarcastic about Mr. Augusto   :-D ....he may be doing that but I'm not looking for someone to go back, just a place for us to record things moving forward.
I know the db will keep all the sources, what I'm looking to do is have a vote system (or something) that allows us to rate sources so that someone can swoop in, see the recommended sources and link right to said torrents.

I would love an organized database of source recommendations! I've never been one to 'collect' every availiable source. I'll grab every source, and then keep the one that pleases me most, but It'd be better to see other peoples recommendations and save myself the time and bandwidht of getting all the seeding sources.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mehead

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 04, 2009, 02:41:04 PM

I would love an organized database of source recommendations! I've never been one to 'collect' every availiable source. I'll grab every source, and then keep the one that pleases me most, but It'd be better to see other peoples recommendations and save myself the time and bandwidht of getting all the seeding sources.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Shadowmaster

Quote from: Mistercharlie on November 04, 2009, 02:41:04 PM

I was planning on doing it in SQL server 2008. Any help is appreciated. It would work exponentially faster if we all pick years/tours.

Shadowmaster

For what it's worth, the Indio shows, the gotfob sources sound best so far. Anyone recommend any others?

Superfreakie

Here you go guys. Jeff Mitchell's blog. I think this is the 1990 page. He started it just recently and is making some headway....dude's been busy, 1990 is nearly done.

http://jmitchell20042003.blogspot.com/
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Mr Minor

This would be great.  I have multiple sources of many shows, but would like to trim my collection down to the best one (which may be one I don't have).  I would also love the opportunity to discuss why these recordings are great or not.

This is like the ultimate Week4paug Show Club.

drvinestein

I think a "best source" link would be a great addition to the wiki or a "top 3" with how many out of how many votes the particular source got.

Like:
1997-xx-xx
Neumann mics > DAT > FLAC  25 out of 40 votes
Schoeps mics > DAT > CDR > EAC > SHN 13 out of 40 votes

mattstick

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 04, 2009, 09:52:02 PM
Here you go guys. Jeff Mitchell's blog. I think this is the 1990 page. He started it just recently and is making some headway....dude's been busy, 1990 is nearly done.

http://jmitchell20042003.blogspot.com/

Jeff loves my Fall '90 remasters  :-D