News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on March 09, 2017, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 08, 2017, 10:08:39 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 08, 2017, 08:17:23 PM
Quote from: khalpin on March 08, 2017, 03:53:51 PM
So not only will Alex and Geddy be inducting Yes into the R&R Hall of Fame next month, according to Jon Anderson, Geddy will be playing bass when the band plays Roundabout.

Sick

Yeah... that's good shit.

Nice!
Awesome!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mopper_smurf

You might want to turn up the bass. I did.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Caravan2001

I liked this

kellerb

khalpin

https://www.rush.com/a-farewell-to-kings-40th-anniversary-release/

While I'm super excited for this, I'm also pretty pissed.  In order to get the Blu-Ray 5.1 remix, you have to get the entire super deluxe edition for $150?  I've been grabbing Steven Wilson remixes of Tull, Gentle Giant and Yes whenever he releases a new one and they've all been amazing, but none of them has been more than $25.  Kinda sucks.

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

khalpin

I had no idea this existed.  Pretty cool to listen to.  You never hear these guys just jam, even if it's not Geddy who was apparently stuck in traffic on the way to the show, so they asked Billy Sheehan to take his spot during the soundcheck as Mr. Big was opening for them on the Presto tour.

VA $l!m

Quote from: khalpin on May 07, 2018, 06:48:35 PM
I had no idea this existed.  Pretty cool to listen to.  You never hear these guys just jam, even if it's not Geddy who was apparently stuck in traffic on the way to the show, so they asked Billy Sheehan to take his spot during the soundcheck as Mr. Big was opening for them on the Presto tour.

cool.
yeah mr big was pretty meh for an opener that tour, but next time i saw them Primus opened. They were off teh chain back then.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 11, 2018, 02:58:21 PM
Can relate:

Lol, No doubt!  :rawk:

PS- i've actually been listening to a bunch of Rush lately, and i was wondering if any of ya'll here had a favorite album from the later years... like i was big into rush up through roll the bones...a little of counterparts or whatever, but i think that was the last LP i bought, so basically what is your favorite after RTB? thanks.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

khalpin

Quote from: VA $l!m on September 11, 2018, 08:09:51 PM
Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 11, 2018, 02:58:21 PM
Can relate:

Lol, No doubt!  :rawk:

PS- i've actually been listening to a bunch of Rush lately, and i was wondering if any of ya'll here had a favorite album from the later years... like i was big into rush up through roll the bones...a little of counterparts or whatever, but i think that was the last LP i bought, so basically what is your favorite after RTB? thanks.
Counterparts was the last one that got any regular rotation for me.  The rest I pretty much just know from what appeared in the setlists over the years.

mopper_smurf

Snakes & Arrows gets a spin every now and then. I was at both shows in Rotterdam that were used for the Snakes & Arrows Live album.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: mopper_smurf on September 12, 2018, 11:31:45 AM
Snakes & Arrows gets a spin every now and then. I was at both shows in Rotterdam that were used for the Snakes & Arrows Live album.

That Snakes & Arrows tour was great! The South Park and Strange Brew intros were hilarious.

As for Joel's question, RTB was the last one I'd consider a favorite, but S&A is a good album, as Hans said.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Caravan2001

Last one that got any play from me (or last one I bought) was Grace Under Pressure.  Saw a couple of shows on that tour.  Not too familiar with anything after that except for what's been on the live albums (Rush in Rio etc.).

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 16, 2018, 03:38:32 PM
Last one that got any play from me (or last one I bought) was Grace Under Pressure.  Saw a couple of shows on that tour.  Not too familiar with anything after that except for what's been on the live albums (Rush in Rio etc.).

I'm sort of with you... my first rock show was the Presto tour in 1990. I liked Presto at the time, but literally never listened to anything after that... basically, once I discovered Phish Rush was off my radar for a long time. I still love everything from the beginning through Moving Pictures.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul