News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Yonder Mountain String Band

Started by mistercharlie, June 05, 2010, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

I can't believe we have so many threads in this forum named after other bands but don't have one for Yonder. They're one of my favorite bands out there right now.

Anyway, their set at Mountain Jam is scheduled to start in about 45 minutes and it's being webcast as part of the Couch Tour.

http://panther.iclips.net/mountainjam

Turns out the webcast is here:
http://www.mountainjam.com/index.php?page=webcast_VI
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

xanadux3

sweet thanks for the link, they are playing with warren right now!  :beerbang:
and shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite

sandcastles

Yes! Love me some Yonder!

Here's a link to the Penn's Peak show from last Friday.  Good times for all...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=535634
We're gonna sail through the night sky like a pair of bottle rockets

WillBreathes

I'll be seeing these guys tomorrow, first time since '07 I believe.  Could be wrong on that stat, need to check my Dewey Decimal System.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

WillBreathes

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

sophist

Yonder is the shit.  They played here back at the beginning of the year, and it was a smoking show. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WillBreathes

disco

i was going back through some attended shows and apparently I did catch these guys. Thus negating my claim to not have seen a band without a drummer ever, guess it's been a while. I may have to go back and relisten to this one,

05/28/00 (Sun)  Big Wu Family Reunion @ Jamboree Campground - Black River Falls, WI

Set 1: Traffic Jam > High Cross Junction > Whippin' Post > Traffic Jam, Walkin' Shoes Don't Fit Me Anymore Granny Woncha Smoke Some Marijuana?, Hucklin' The Berries, I Had Someone Else Before I Had You, New Horizons, Hit Parade of Love, Across The Sea, Keep On A-Goin' > Legalize It (chicken-watermelon version) > Keep On A-Goin', Shenandoah Valley Breakdown > Reuben & Cherise, Ramblin' In The Rambler > Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys > Ramblin' In The Rambler, Mother's Only Son, The Boatman, Bolton Stretch, Yes She Do (No She Don't)

http://www.archive.org/details/ymsb00-05-28.shnf
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

mistercharlie

The Winter 2014 tour was just announced and it came with a surprise, Jeff Austin will not be going with them on this tour. In his place will be Ronnie McCoury and Jason Carter of The Travelin' McCourys. That had me all excited until I saw that the Indianapolis stop, along with Knoxville and Columbus, will have 'other friends' joining them instead of the McCourys. It should still be fun though.

By the way, Jeff is missing the tour because his wife will be giving birth to their daughter.

antelope19

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 04, 2013, 05:02:01 PM
The Winter 2014 tour was just announced and it came with a surprise, Jeff Austin will not be going with them on this tour. In his place will be Ronnie McCoury and Jason Carter of The Travelin' McCourys. That had me all excited until I saw that the Indianapolis stop, along with Knoxville and Columbus, will have 'other friends' joining them instead of the McCourys. It should still be fun though.

By the way, Jeff is missing the tour because his wife will be giving birth to their daughter.

It should def. be fun.  I saw they're swinging through Charlottesville.  Hmmmmmm.........
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

twatts

Still don't understand their appeal...  Oh well...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

gah

Quote from: Kentucky Marmalade on November 04, 2013, 09:46:07 PM
Still don't understand their appeal...  Oh well...

Terry

yeah, i've tried, i guess i just don't get it. i actually like railroad earth better, but haven't listened to significant amounts of either band.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

I freaking love these guys.  Go see them.  It's much easier to see why people like them when you're at the show, as opposed to waiting for something to jump out at you while listening at home.  They always bring a ton of energy and are clearly having a lot of fun on stage. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment