News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/27 - MPP - Columbia, MD - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Tomapella, June 27, 2010, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whyweigh5.0

I had to leave during Ghost.  I knew they weren't going to end the set with it, but I had no idea that they would bring it like that after
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

mistercharlie

Quote from: Tomapella on June 27, 2010, 11:15:24 PM
06/27/2010 - Merriweather Post Pavilion - Columbia, MD

Soundcheck: Quinn The Eskimo

I. Walfredo*, Mellow Mood**, Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan > The Divided Sky, Tela, My Soul, Ginseng Sullivan, Sample In A Jar, Bathtub Gin, Brian And Robert, Run Like An Antelope

II. Wilson, Meatstick# -> Saw It Again** -> Piper > Ghost -> Jumpin' Jack Flash^ -> Saw It Again > Contact, You Enjoy Myself##

E. Fire

* last played 2000-09-30 (131 show gap)
** last played 2003-08-03 (89 show gap)
# with Japanese lyrics
^ first time played
## included teases of Wilson, Jumpin' Jack Flash, vocal jam included Saw It Again teases and busted into Surfin' Bird.  I mean, seriously.

Amazing setlist maintenance Tom!!  :beers:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on June 27, 2010, 11:54:38 PM
I had to leave during Ghost.  I knew they weren't going to end the set with it, but I had no idea that they would bring it like that after

what ???????? I assume you had an emergency?
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mistercharlie

From tonight's LST:
Quote from: kellerb on Yesterday at 10:10:16 pm
Quote from: mistercharlie on Yesterday at 10:06:51 pmI wonder if somebody flashed Trey today in the Lot.

Meatstick > I Saw It Again  :evil:
Maybe they're trying to turn the setlists into sentences

This is a helluva lot funnier after the show with 'Jumping Jack Flash' showing up followed by another I saw It again.  :wtu: :wtu:

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Gumbo72203

SURFIN BIRD?!???!???

-> SEGEUS???   AARROWW SEGGUES??!?!?!!?!!????????????

I need to go kick myself in the face and smoke some crack.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Caravan2001

Quote from: whyweigh4.5 on June 27, 2010, 11:54:38 PM

:-o

Multibeast12

Holly shit!!!!! This show looks like the tits. Can't wait to listen to it. I wonder how CMAC is gona turn out. But dam this show looks EPIC!!!!!!!

leshphilen

Wow is all I can say. The set list just flowed.  :clap: I can't wait to get home and hear this one again.

Trey looks like he had a blast the last two nights. He's having fun and so am I.

I wasn't even sopposed to be here! I had a job interview in Philly an Friday, so the first thing i did was change my flights to come back tomorrow. So Lucky.

I went  :crazy: when Alumni was played too ironic. Now it's off to the philly airport.
I read the book, saw the movie, but the show was better than both of them...

Gumbo72203

wow i wicked picked the wrong shows to go to.  17 minute Chalkdust in Camden...  16 minute Piper here...........

ugh.  fuckin god damnit. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

McGrupp

I had some of the most fun I've ever had at a  :phish: show tonight...

sets flowed together really nicely I thought - me and my buddies found a spot down low on the lawn that was really empty. rocked OUT the whole night, tons of dancing room...

fun times! way different vibe than last night.

:wtu:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Gumbo72203

hmmmmm

16 minute Piper, followed by a 9 minute Ghost. 

Why does that seem familiar...........

Superfreakie

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on June 28, 2010, 12:13:12 AM
wow i wicked picked the wrong shows to go to.  17 minute Chalkdust in Camden...  16 minute Piper here...........

ugh.  fuckin god damnit.

The best Phish shows of tour are rarely the first ones.....just sayin'. Tours generally get better.....not worse. Save last year after the summer West Coast swing. But last year will soon never be talked about again. No matter what people say, last year sucked, bad.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

redrum

Quote from: McGrupp on June 28, 2010, 12:21:59 AM

sets flowed together really nicely I thought - me and my buddies found a spot down low on the lawn that was really empty. rocked OUT the whole night, tons of dancing room...

good to hear man! i'm sure u guys raged it.
:beers:
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

redrum

Quote from: Superfreakie on June 28, 2010, 12:26:47 AM
The best Phish shows of tour are rarely the first ones.....just sayin'. Tours generally get better.....not worse.

the way things have been unfolding this tour, i'm really starting to wonder what will be happening by jones beach. (they next time i'm seeing them- as well as superfreakie  :-D )

-or did u say u still dont know if yer going?
iforget.
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

McGrupp

Quote from: redrum on June 28, 2010, 12:27:18 AM
Quote from: McGrupp on June 28, 2010, 12:21:59 AM

good to hear man! i'm sure u guys raged it.
:beers:
:rockout: :banana: :rawk:
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?