News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Well the decision to sell the sealed OG Road Trips with bonus discs just became that much easier if they're re-issuing them in nicer packaging.

I'm happy to own a bunch of the boxsets and choice Dave's Picks CDs but if they're selling for hundreds of dollars it doesn't really make sense to hold onto them.  I've been selling off a lot of my stuff lately and buying big ticket 99/00 Pollock posters, consolidating like 20 posters and a drawer full of magnets feels good...

Hicks

Quote from: mattstick on January 21, 2018, 04:18:35 PM

Well the decision to sell the sealed OG Road Trips with bonus discs just became that much easier if they're re-issuing them in nicer packaging.

I'm happy to own a bunch of the boxsets and choice Dave's Picks CDs but if they're selling for hundreds of dollars it doesn't really make sense to hold onto them.  I've been selling off a lot of my stuff lately and buying big ticket 99/00 Pollock posters, consolidating like 20 posters and a drawer full of magnets feels good...

Not sure if they will reissue the bonus discs though, probably not. The first couple that Real Gone has reissued, the last ones originally released, never had bonus discs. 

Yeah I'm so lazy about selling stuff I don't need, but it does feel good to get it out of the house and make some $$.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

After my buddy Jamie died last year and I saw how overwhelmed his wife was with all of his collectibles I'm way into consolidating. 

I've been eyeing a 2nd edition FD-26 poster for my collection, which could be attainable if I do well with the Dave's Picks series and some other stuff lying around here.

mattstick

Do we need to talk about this new compilation? "Best of The Grateful Dead Live"

No? OK, didn't think so.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on January 23, 2018, 03:15:49 PM

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.
We should definitely talk about how each of the two discs in the CD set will be released as a 2-LP set. The first has nothing on it that isn't already on vinyl but the second disc has 3 or four tracks not otherwise pressed to a record.

I may buy that second 2-LP set when it is released.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 23, 2018, 03:50:37 PM

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.
We should definitely talk about how each of the two discs in the CD set will be released as a 2-LP set. The first has nothing on it that isn't already on vinyl but the second disc has 3 or four tracks not otherwise pressed to a record.

Yeah, not sure if I am going to cough up any dough just to have the So Many Roads on vinyl.  Not sure it is going to sound any better than the FOB Schoeps.  And doesn't the official GD release have an audio edit (verse replaced by one earlier in the tour?) or did I imagine that?

rowjimmy

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 23, 2018, 04:09:49 PM

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.

Yeah, not sure if I am going to cough up any dough just to have the So Many Roads on vinyl.  Not sure it is going to sound any better than the FOB Schoeps.  And doesn't the official GD release have an audio edit (verse replaced by one earlier in the tour?) or did I imagine that?

I've honestly never listened to any of that final show so... I dunno.

mattstick

And doesn't the official GD release have an audio edit (verse replaced by one earlier in the tour?) or did I imagine that?

Isn't that Liberty from the So Many Roads box?

mattstick

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 23, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

and I've never watched the finale of LOST.

the last couple minutes of Space > Unbroken Chain from 7/9/95 has some moments.

Caravan2001

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 23, 2018, 04:14:55 PM

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.

Not even the So Many Roads?  Damn.  I have played that like 500 times.  So sick.

kellerb

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.

I know the So Many Roads on the So Many Roads box set has some sort of edit because of a verse being repeated and/or flubbed.  Not sure about their specific "Fix"

Caravan2001

Quote from: kellerb on January 23, 2018, 05:07:40 PM

No? OK, didn't think so.

Wait.

I know the So Many Roads on the So Many Roads box set has some sort of edit because of a verse being repeated and/or flubbed.  Not sure about their specific "Fix"

Yeah.  They plugged in one verse from the previous performance of that song.  Kinda weak move imo.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Jesse Jarnow  & John Hilgart have created a sweet ass mix of early '68 stuff that you should download and enjoy.
http://saveyourface.posthaven.com/the-grateful-dead-to-the-eagle-palace-january-1968

mattstick

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 21, 2018, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: mattstick on January 21, 2018, 01:11:26 PM

Why do the Dave's Picks series sell for so much more than the Road Trips series on eBay?

I just listed my Dave's Picks vol 1 (not sealed) and the first 3 Road Trips series (sealed w/ bonus discs)...

Let's see how this plays out.

I don't know why those things go for so much.  It's not like the liner notes/packaging is all that.  I mean, they are mostly good shows and sound, but I am perfectly happy finding the flacs on the net.  I mean do people really play these things on their CD player or do they just want to own them? The only one I kept is Fox Atlanta '80 and it still just sits on my shelf.  Was also pretty bummed to sell Europe '72 box, but again, it just sat on my shelf for 4 years.

My opened but otherwise mint Dave's Picks 1 sold for $555
Same condition Dave's Picks 2 sold for $455

That's just insane.

What does the Europe 72 boxset sell for? My wife wants me to get rid of that pretty badly...