News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2011 Paug Band March Madness

Started by UncleEbinezer, February 24, 2011, 01:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeboy13

Quote from: khalpin on February 24, 2011, 02:22:25 PM
If they're both eligible, it'll be  :phish: beating  :syf: in the finals.  I can't see it any other way on this forum.
Put them in the same regional !
Good Day, Every Day!

MiamiPhish

Eb,

You will get way more than 64 bands from us.  How will you decide which make it to the bracket of 64?

guyforget

i dont mind the decemberists, and my wife quite likes them, but theyre certainly not in my top 16 bands ever.

but whats the contest, here?  the one i mentioned earlier (surely someone else here remembers this, too?) was concert/live performance specific. 

best show vs. best ever is obv a very different debate.
-AD_

phil

Quote from: MiamiPhish on February 25, 2011, 12:13:24 AM
Eb,

You will get way more than 64 bands from us.  How will you decide which make it to the bracket of 64?

If I'm not mistaken, it'll be the 64 that receive the most votes.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

MiamiPhish

Quote from: phil on February 25, 2011, 08:21:14 AM
Eb,

Yeah I guess it's relatively safe to say that 64 bands will get more than one vote.  But if, say, only 50 bands get more than one vote, then the rest (which will have equal votes) will be selected how?

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: MiamiPhish on February 25, 2011, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: phil on February 25, 2011, 08:21:14 AM
Eb,

Yeah I guess it's relatively safe to say that 64 bands will get more than one vote.  But if, say, only 50 bands get more than one vote, then the rest (which will have equal votes) will be selected how?

I'm not so sure.  I am really hoping that we have enough entries to come up with at least 64 bands.  They can be any genre, any time period.  I think if you really dig deep and think of bands from years past, there should be no problem.  If I hit that wall, then I will probably use a poll or discussion method. 

Quote from: guyforget on February 25, 2011, 01:25:31 AM
but whats the contest, here?  the one i mentioned earlier (surely someone else here remembers this, too?) was concert/live performance specific. 

I don't think it has to be concert/live performance specific. 

Similar to how the bracket selection is somewhat subjective, especially for at large bids, which these all will be.  I think the "body of work," "road wins," etc. all play a part.  If you think Michael Jackson should get a shot, put him in.  I mean he is the King of Pop and an amazing career of albums, conversely, Keller Williams is a touring one man "team" that has a consistent playing style, but occassionally can step up on the "big stage" and deliver. 

Hope this makes it clear as mud.

Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

Igbo

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 24, 2011, 08:34:05 PM
Decemberists are not good.  I don't know why so many people think they are.

Music for Librarians

mehead

Quote from: Igbo on February 24, 2011, 02:15:15 PM
Thoughts on leaving Phish out of the brackets?????

I think we should leave them out.  The chances of them not winning this is remote, which in turn, defeats the purpose of doing the brackets,  Either way, I'm in!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mehead on February 25, 2011, 09:31:28 AM
Quote from: Igbo on February 24, 2011, 02:15:15 PM
Thoughts on leaving Phish out of the brackets?????

I think we should leave them out.  The chances of them not winning this is remote, which in turn, defeats the purpose of doing the brackets,  Either way, I'm in!

Poll added.  I'm game for either option.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

phil

I voted "yes". It'll be interesting to see who upsets them..
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mehead

Quote from: phil on February 25, 2011, 09:35:15 AM

no one will upset them...this board does exist because of the  :phish:  right?

I voted no

good idea w/ the poll Uncle E
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

PIE-GUY

I voted yes because, while Phish is my favorite band, they are not the greatest band of all time. I think they could lose along the way.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: phil on February 25, 2011, 09:35:15 AM

I voted yes for the same reason.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

I vote 'no' on da Phish being in the brackets.  How could they not win?  They ARE the greatest band of all time.
Bring in the dude!

gah

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 25, 2011, 01:13:38 PM
I vote 'no' on da Phish being in the brackets.  How could they not win?  They ARE the greatest band of all time.

Its all about the upsets man! Don't you want to see who might knock them out?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.