News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/19 - Ntelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by mbw, June 19, 2011, 11:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

PHiSH
6/19/11
Ntelos Pavilion at Harbor Center - Portsmouth, VA

Set I:
Harpua* > Brother**, Down With Disease***, Back on the Train, Funky Bitch, Timber (Jerry), The Wedge, Moma Dance, Thunder Road#, Tube,
Alaska, David Bowie

Set II:
Crosseyed and Painless > Walls of the Cave > Slave to the Traffic Light > Fluffhead, Sand, Sneakin' Sally through the Alley > Light > Backwards Down the Number Line, Suzy Greenberg

E:
Julius

*w/all of their Fathers taking the 'Dad' lines
**w/Phish kids, and kids/dads introductions
***w/my three sons or leave it to beaver teases before the song, depending who you ask
#Bruce Springsteen cover.  First time played.

PhishPhan

runawayjimbo

Sounded like the best through the stream since Bethel2 IMO.

MVP for me tonight was Trey. He sounded pretty clean and was really playing with purpose.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: runawayjimbo on June 19, 2011, 11:36:48 PM
Sounded like the best through the stream since Bethel2 IMO.

MVP for me tonight was Trey. He sounded pretty clean and was really playing with purpose.

overall?

im' going with Page... and i dont' think i've ever said that....

from all the texts & tweets i read.. and what of the stream i listened to, he owned that town tonight.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mbw

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

postjack

set two was HOT through Sally. Light > #line was pretty meh. best sand of 3.0.

set one highlight was a surprising Alaska, hot little slow jam. aside from the Harpua / brother zaniness of course.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

barnesy305

Sand had some cool start-stop syncopation and an arguable reprise, which was pretty cool.

sMILEy

whatapiper

From the looks of it this is a keeper, this was a buddy of mine's first Harpua after seeing over 115 shows going back to mid ninety's.  Not only his first Harpua but he got it at his hometown show riding the rail!

Aside from the setlist and this Sand any other highlights?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

postjack

Quote from: whatapiper on June 20, 2011, 01:29:47 AM
From the looks of it this is a keeper, this was a buddy of mine's first Harpua after seeing over 115 shows going back to mid ninety's.  Not only his first Harpua but he got it at his hometown show riding the rail!

Aside from the setlist and this Sand any other highlights?

well set I was all kind of relaxed, a little to relaxed, with a few flubs from trey (see the start of bowie). all felt pretty safe. definitely not the crazy energy that occurred in the previous two nights.

set two was great though until #line and light. i have no issues with the songs themselves but they were weakly played. julius was rawkin though.

i've never heard a negative thing said about the venue, but honestly I wasn't super duper impressed. the roof is cool, but on the whole I prefer walnut creek. maybe raleigh just feels more summer toury.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!