News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/20 - nTelos Pavilion - Portsmouth, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by runawayjimbo, June 20, 2012, 11:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2012, 10:31:15 AM
it's not like they know how to peak Hood anymore anyway.  still unfortunate
I was thinking the same thing.  Probably best that they didn't go back into it.

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 21, 2012, 10:17:53 AM
Also, Trey teased Star Wars before starting Sleeping Monkey.
I thought I heard that last night, but being pretty hammered and having watched A New Hope earlier in the evening, I thought I imagined it. 

Poster Nutbag

That and they played Dog Log last night too..
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

yeah pissed about missing that Dog Log. I had caught the last 3 dating back to 12/18/99.  hmm I did watch it on the stream though... count it!

runawayjimbo

Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

gah

My point exactly. They had an opportunity to show they CAN peak it, and they didn't even TRY to. It was like Trey felt like that would be too much pressure, but all I could think of was that hood > dog faced boy > hood feel, wading fit perfect following that wtu and would have ended perfectly by dropping back into the hood. Up until then I was really happy with the majority of the show., but it's like aphineday said, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Also, I wish Trey would sometimes just stfu and LISTEN to what fish and mike are doing...the two of them were linking up REALLY solid at points last night, the way Trey and Fish used to do, imo, but Trey's off in his own world sometimes...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

gah

Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2012, 10:47:03 AM
yeah pissed about missing that Dog Log. I had caught the last 3 dating back to 12/18/99.  hmm I did watch it on the stream though... count it!

Yeah don't know if got caught it in the recording but we were up close, and he said to mike let's play it, I'm sick of the signs already, or something to that effect. There were 3 or 4 obnoxiously bright poster size signs that said Dog Log right up front.

blatboom

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 21, 2012, 10:53:11 AM
Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2012, 10:47:03 AM

Yeah don't know if got caught it in the recording but we were up close, and he said to mike let's play it, I'm sick of the signs already, or something to that effect. There were 3 or 4 obnoxiously bright poster size signs that said Dog Log right up front.

oh yeah, I thought he said it into the mic bc it was loud and clear. something like "alright enough with these damn signs"

PIE-GUY

I've never seen a Dog Log... but I was really close and could hear perfectly as a Dog Log was played during a soundcheck at Jones Beach in 95. Would love to see one for real!!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 21, 2012, 11:18:22 AM
Also, where's YEM at? I was really expecting it.

Shelved for 2012.. expect it's glorious return for the band's induction into the R&RHoF in 2013.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Oh, as for tickets, people couldn't GIVE them away. Watched one dude try to get $20, then $10, then try and trade for a beer, still no luck...then he went off wandering.

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: mattstick on June 21, 2012, 10:07:53 AM
I was offended by the blatant segue from Cities > Yamar

I know what you mean, but I leaned over to GAH and said "sometimes you take a wrong turn here and there, but you still get there." 
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

VDB

Quote from: goodabouthood on June 21, 2012, 11:40:59 AM
Oh, as for tickets, people couldn't GIVE them away. Watched one dude try to get $20, then $10, then try and trade for a beer, still no luck...then he went off wandering.

You're joking, right?
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on June 21, 2012, 11:51:27 AM
Quote from: goodabouthood on June 21, 2012, 11:40:59 AM

You're joking, right?

some things are not jokes - rj

VDB

Is this still Wombat?