News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Olympics 2012

Started by emay, July 28, 2012, 01:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Watchin some archery :smoke: at the moment.
Didnt catch the opening ceremony last night but psyched to catch some of the games.

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 28, 2012, 01:07:49 PM
Watchin some archery :smoke: at the moment.
Didnt catch the opening ceremony last night but psyched to catch some of the games.

Opening ceremony was pretty bad ass. Wathched phelps barely squeak in for the 400 IM this morning and currently watching women's basketball.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Hicks

When is women's volleyball on?
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Quote from: Hicks on July 28, 2012, 01:26:41 PM
When is women's volleyball on?

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Yeah for real. I was trying to find a schedule of when the games are happening or will be aired, but couldnt seem to find one.

ETA: Here is when the games are happening...not sure what or when they will be aired
http://www.london2012.com/schedule-and-results/day=28-july/

mattstick

I watched Women's Beach volleyball this morning, Russia upset China.

US Olympic coverage is so bad, I feel bad for you guys every 2 years.

emay

Ping pong or "table tennis"
is on! :smoke:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on July 28, 2012, 01:58:06 PM

I watched Women's Beach volleyball this morning, Russia upset China.

US Olympic coverage is so bad, I feel bad for you guys every 2 years.

NBC sucks... But directv is making it better. I can pick out all tht swimming segments and record. Same for any sport.

Also, watching volleyball now.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VDB

Enjoyed the opening ceremony -- it really is a spectacle the likes of which you only see but once every four years. Matt and Merideth were pissing me off, though. Only a fraction of what they had to say was actually interesting or helpful; the rest of the time it sounded like they were calling the damn Thanksgiving Day parade.

Enjoyed the parade of nations too... Bob Costas can be a sarcastic little fucker sometimes, which is funny.
Is this still Wombat?

JPhishman

This NBC live extra app is working remarkably well thus far. Good resolution and little lag.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

tet

Quote from: JPhishman on July 28, 2012, 04:19:50 PM
This NBC live extra app is working remarkably well thus far. Good resolution and little lag.

yup, totally awesome.  can watch pretty much anything live, other than the opening ceremony... definitely good quality on the iPad, and was surprised it works on the iPhone too!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

sls.stormyrider

what's with women's beach volleyball today?
long sleeves, long pants?
WTF
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

Quote from: slslbs on July 29, 2012, 03:08:17 PM
WTF

Apparently they changed the rules so that they have more options other than a bikini to wear.  :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai:

kellerb

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on July 29, 2012, 05:06:03 PM
Quote from: slslbs on July 29, 2012, 03:08:17 PM
WTF

Apparently they changed the rules so that they have more options other than a bikini to wear.  :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai: :samurai:

Wouldn't it have been easier to just cancel the Olympics?

Superfreakie

I'm all about Dutch Field Hockey

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

VDB

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 30, 2012, 07:12:57 AM
I'm all about Dutch Field Hockey

That reminds me of this Dutch guy I knew in college, who joined the club field hockey team as the only dude. That always struck me as an exceptional idea.
Is this still Wombat?