News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Phish 1997-02-26 Stuttgart.....16/48.....MAJOR Upgrade!

Started by Marmar, January 13, 2013, 09:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmar

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=561379

Phish
2/26/1997
Longhorn
Stuttgart, Germany

Source:    Schoeps CMC64 > VMS021B > SBM1 > Sony D8
Transfer:  Tascam DA20MKII > S/PDIF out > MAudio Delta410 > Nuendo 16bit/48kHz
Mastering: Wavelab 6 > tc Electronic Finalizer96k > FLAC level 8

Transfer, mastering, and FLAC by Arty - imthemarmar@gmail.com

Set I
01 Camel Walk
02 Llama
03 My Friend My Friend
04 Harry Hood
05 My Soul >
06 Tube >
07 Carini
08 Rocko William
09 Dog Log
10 While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Set II
01 Buried Alive >
02 Poor Heart
03 Ha Ha Ha >
04 You Enjoy Myself ->
05 Kung >
06 Theme From the Bottom
07 Scent of a Mule ->
08 Jazz Jam -> Magilla ->
09 Scent of a Mule
10 Slave to the Traffic Light

Encore
11 Highway to Hell

*Mastering Note*
This dat had pre-emphisis flagged upon playback. The digital stream was de-emphisized using the hardware of the Delta410 before capture to hard disc. This is a pure digital capture of the dat, what you hear is what it had. I hope your ears enjoy it as much as mine do!- Arty
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

mbw

He's back!

Sweet.  This is one of my most listened to shows.

antelope19

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on January 13, 2013, 10:47:38 AM
He's back!

Sweet.  This is one of my most listened to shows.

Mine too. It was one of the first shows I ever had on CD 12 or so years ago.

Thanks, Marmar!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

jmitchell

Had this on cassette, pretty sure I still have that one.  Like many, this show got played all the time.
Phish Lossless Audio Sources
https://tinyurl.com/2snkn552

Marmar

feel the burn on etree..... :evil:

yet not one comment about how it sounds..... :music:

typical. :frustrated:

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

DoW

Quote from: Marmar on January 13, 2013, 03:37:06 PM

I commented on the sound.
gave it a listen this morning and thought it sounded great.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Marmar

but you should know by now brian, you don't count.....lol

Gundo

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jasonsobel

Quote from: Marmar on January 13, 2013, 03:37:06 PM

if you're referring to my comments/questions, and you took it as a "burn", then you completely misunderstood my comments.  I had questions regarding the source/transfer, and based on everything in whole (pre-emphasis & the different crowd noises relative to different transfers of Keith's recording), I think most likely that your DAT was mislabeled and it's a completely different source.  (just a wild guess, but it's possible that the actual recording info is the same as here: http://db.etree.org/shn/119478.  there have been many times where one schoeps source is mislabeled as another, and that would explain the pre-emphasis).

but, on the whole, my questions are meant to get to a more complete understanding of the transfer process, and not meant to "burn" or to discourage you from transferring more DATs in the future.
sing me back home before I die

Marmar

No Jason, not your comments.....I know your questions are legit and are for the better understanding for the community as a whole.......its the emails I get.....there's a few folks that frequent there that just feel the need to light some fires to see if I explode whenever I post anything there.....that's why my offerings have been few and far between there.....

As far as the source info....Terry and I had a discussion on the shnfamily hub about this, and he suggested that the source might be mk41 > EAA > Aiwa (see Todd Hinden source for 2/17/97).....which makes perfect sense to me. The Aiwa deck makes the mystery of the pre-emph crystal clear to us. I'm going to do some more research and take fingerprints of the mic patterns and compare them to each other to see if I can narrow it down a lil more clearly......so I may be sending you updated source info for this!

twatts

Quote from: Marmar on January 18, 2013, 08:33:21 AM
No Jason, not your comments.....I know your questions are legit and are for the better understanding for the community as a whole.......its the emails I get.....there's a few folks that frequent there that just feel the need to light some fires to see if I explode whenever I post anything there.....that's why my offerings have been few and far between there.....

As far as the source info....Terry and I had a discussion on the shnfamily hub about this, and he suggested that the source might be mk41 > EAA > Aiwa (see Todd Hinden source for 2/17/97).....which makes perfect sense to me. The Aiwa deck makes the mystery of the pre-emph crystal clear to us. I'm going to do some more research and take fingerprints of the mic patterns and compare them to each other to see if I can narrow it down a lil more clearly......so I may be sending you updated source info for this!

Just to note, Jason is actually the person who pointed out that your Source might be a "Hinden"...  I just didn't use his name in case he didn't want to get involved...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

jasonsobel

Cool.  I'm glad that it wasn't my comments that you were referring to.  If you are able to track down different/more accurate source info, I can quickly and easily update the db entry :)
sing me back home before I die