News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/03 - Darling's Waterfront Pavilion - Bangor, ME - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Buffalo Budd, July 03, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augustus

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

tweezerfan

didnt really think this show was that great.

cool mikes/paug jamming at times. otherwise...ok.

really makes me re considering doing the toronto show.

i feel like if you close your eyes 2009-2013 it all sounds the same.

Augustus

Why you always gotta hate, tweezerfan?
Wait. Who the fuck is tweezerfan?

Alumni

Sounds like summer 2010.

Is Miner still around to describe it as tasteful whaling?
Cause I got a degree

blatboom

rowjimmy

aphineday

Ended up going spur of the moment to see The Avett Brothers last night, so I missed the opener.
I'm sure that there is going to be some rust, but it's all relative anyway, we've had that discussion many times.
I'm interested to see the new stage setup, and glad Chris has some new toys working with the lights!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

WhatstheUse?

Golden age jam was incredible, IMO. Antelope was adventures.... other than that, some SER rust and so many WTF moments. At one point Trey even aborted his own abortion.

Maybe I'm crazy...but I'm pretty sure the band has made a concious decision to play everything sloowwweeeer. Even hood seemed liked the most awkwardly sloooow tempo ever.  Dudes are getting old!

Eta. New light set up is SO SICK.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

So what I'm seeing is that the band was rusty and the real highlights are thanks to CK's time hanging with the Biebs?

tweezerfan

no hate man. just reality.

yes, all the songs seem slowwww. chalkdust is super slow.

i mean i understand its the tour opener, no biggie, but it's like they put themselves in this spot, right?

if you pushed so hard to become so good, why wouldn't you want to keep going?

i've listened to one song from trey tour and it was extreme whale, i turned it off. (i hope this doesnt carry over to phish tour)

i just hope that they get the message from insiders that the fan base is not going to continue to put up with this bullshit!!!

antelope19

Quote from: tweezerfan on July 04, 2013, 01:26:29 PM
no hate man. just reality.

yes, all the songs seem slowwww. chalkdust is super slow.

i mean i understand its the tour opener, no biggie, but it's like they put themselves in this spot, right?

if you pushed so hard to become so good, why wouldn't you want to keep going?

i've listened to one song from trey tour and it was extreme whale, i turned it off. (i hope this doesnt carry over to phish tour)

i just hope that they get the message from insiders that the fan base is not going to continue to put up with this bullshit!!!

:roll:

Sorry, the "fan base" will lap it up with smiles on their faces. Myself included. :)
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

DoW

I only skimmed messages.  seems to be some negativity.
this seemed to be a pretty typical 3.0 show to me.  gordon had a great night imo.
after hearing the whole soundcheck, I was expecting a lot of Trey songs so I was happy.

I like they try different things but silent in the middle of mike's groove just can;t be done.
I enjoyed the hood.  nice to hear theme.  everything else was pretty standard.  3.0.  it is what it is.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

sophist

Just finished set I.  That was rough, really rough.  In the same set you guys got the worst Runaway Jim, and Stash of 3.0.  Half assed CDT, and a boring ass Mike's Groove.   The only redeeming factor I could walk away with is at least Trey doesn't sound like he's on heroin, again. 

Now, granted it's a tour opener and homeboy has been bleeding broadway in his veins for months, personally, I expected this.  I watched a vid of CDT, new lights are dope.  '09-10 Trey tone kills me though.  Very heavy on the sustain and the whale call.  His dexterity seems slightly better; albeit, he's still masking mad errors behind a collage of effects. 

Fish sounds really good.  LP SBD on my phone I can barely hear Mike.  Page was page. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!