News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

10/18 - Hampton Coliseum - Hampton, VA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by DoW, October 19, 2013, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Set 1: Wolfman's Brother, Runaway Jim, Mound, Chalk Dust Torture, Army of One, Nellie Kane, Stash, Ocelot, Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Walls of the Cave

Set 2: Twist > Free > Roggae, Sparkle > Cavern > Carini > Backwards Down the Number Line, Twenty Years Later, Wading in the Velvet Sea, Run Like an Antelope[1]

Encore: When the Circus Comes, Suzy Greenberg

[1] Drill solo by Mike; "Mike-O Esquandolas" lyric.
Notes: Antelope featured a drill solo from Mike and alternate "Mike-O Esquandolas" lyrics
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Buffalo Budd

People showed up, wife's away, I got dizzunk, big sorry to everyone keeping track.
Yup, I officially suck.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

DoW

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 19, 2013, 12:20:57 AM
People showed up, wife's away, I got dizzunk, big sorry to everyone keeping track.
Yup, I officially suck.
you did better than me.  the one tiem I did it, I passed out drunk at setbreak.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

GBL

If this is love, I'm never going home..

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Carini was cool. The rest was par. Sucks about Velvet Sea but glad we got it outta the way.
Is this still Wombat?

Marmar

Suck factor = +4

It had its moments, but it had far more moments of suck IMHO.....Trey was especially off at times, but everyone had a few moments of "meh".....

For a tour opener, not too bad.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

PIE-GUY

Got this texted to me by lope19. Just saw it this morning. But I will say this, I caught a little of the webcast last night (phish inc. locked down the streamers pretty tight), and I definitely saw some of my famous Mothership balloons floating around. Good job, kids!

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

blatboom

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on October 19, 2013, 12:20:57 AM
Yup, I officially suck.

ha ha no worries

mehead

Quote from: PG on October 19, 2013, 09:56:45 AM
Got this texted to me by lope19. Just saw it this morning. But I will say this, I caught a little of the webcast last night (phish inc. locked down the streamers pretty tight), and I definitely saw some of my famous Mothership balloons floating around. Good job, kids!

Nice
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

mattstick

Trey was pushing the tempo with his solo in Number Line, there's like 16 bars where his doing pull offs and riffing hard. Good stuff.

Seriously though, where is the sense of setlist construction? Nobody wanted to hear Sparkle in the second set.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on October 19, 2013, 10:37:14 AM
Seriously though, where is the sense of setlist construction? Nobody wanted to hear Sparkle in the second set.

Actually, I really had to pee.

pcr3

Quote from: mehead on October 19, 2013, 10:27:00 AM
I approve this Carini.

I caught the second set up to carini, and this was the only thing that went anywhere.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

VDB

Quote from: PG on October 19, 2013, 09:56:45 AM

Ha, I think I totally saw lope take that picture. Skins shirt right Neely? Thought that coulda been you but wasn't in a position to grab you.
Is this still Wombat?