News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist dies

Started by VDB, March 20, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

Fred Phelps, founder of the notoriously anti-gay Westboro Baptist Church, has died.

As usual, The Onion provides the authoritative take on it.
Is this still Wombat?

pcr3

I know that it is wrong to wish harm upon someone. I try to take the high road, be the better person, believe that there is good in everyone, etc.  I hope this person experiences eternal agony at the moment of passing.

Wow, I feel so much better now. As you were.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mbw

mistercharlie

:beers:

Raise a glass to one less ignorant fuck-wad in the world.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

runawayjimbo

I hope the location of his funeral gets out and there's a Carnival-style orgy outside. Sinners fucking everywhere. You know, it's their first amendment right and all.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

VDB

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 20, 2014, 11:10:11 PM
I hope the location of his funeral gets out and there's a Carnival-style orgy outside. Sinners fucking everywhere. You know, it's their first amendment right and all.

People need to protest the fuck out of his funeral. Poetic justice demands it.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

I, on the other hand, hope people ignore the passing of this asshat and allow his pointless life fade into less than a footnote on the wrong side of history.

ytowndan

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 20, 2014, 11:15:36 PM
I, on the other hand, hope people ignore the passing of this asshat and allow his pointless life fade into less than a footnote on the wrong side of history.

Word.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

Yes, yes, the high road is usually the most honorable one. This Kansas LGBT group agrees, to their credit.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

It's important for his family to be able to gather in peace and cry over how that pathetic hate-filled wretch wasted his final years blindly spitting into the wind and calling the moist blowback proof that the wind was in his favor.

mbw

Quote from: runawayjimbo on March 20, 2014, 11:10:11 PM

runawayjimbo

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on March 21, 2014, 08:44:44 AM
Yes, yes, the high road is usually the most honorable one. This Kansas LGBT group agrees, to their credit.

Thomas Witt, the executive director for Equality Kansas, was blunt: Don't celebrate Phelps' death, it's not appropriate. Donate some money to an LGBT advocacy group instead.

Not sure I'd call call using his death as a fundraiser the high road. And while I understand fighting hate with hate is pointless, it would make me inordinately happy to have his family and supporters suffer the same kind of pain they inflict on others. Not that it would do anything except to perhaps galvanize the bigots even more, but still.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.