News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/09 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre - East Troy, WI - Post-Show Discussion

Started by Hicks, August 10, 2015, 12:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

PHiSH
08-09-2015
Alpine Valley Music Theater
East Troy, WI

Set I:  The Very Long Fuse, Col. Forbin's Ascent* > Famous Mockingbird, Brian and Robert, Saw it Again^, Esther, Weigh, The Sloth, Sanity# > Split Open and Melt

Set II:  Run Like an Antelope > Carini > Waves > Tweezer > Dirt > Mike's Song > Blaze On > Weekapaug Groove > Tweezer Reprise

Encore:  Contact, Frankenstein

*with Trey narration about walking around the venue and getting shit on by a bird and being inspired to play Famous Mockingbird.  Trey also noted this was their 17th show at Alpine and tomorrow was the 19th anniversary of the first Phish show at Alpine. 

^ with false ending

# with Haunted House samples
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

no big jamz?
some good jams that got to the point and into nice places
A+ song selection and played them all pretty well.

This is a beautiful tour
cant wait for next weekend.

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Hicks

Another great show, they are so on fire right now it isn't even funny. 

They were teasing something in the Tweezer, but I haven't seen anyone nail what it was yet. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

my friend was saying franklin tower teases?
idk if it was during tweez though

Hicks

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 10, 2015, 12:15:37 AM
my friend was saying franklin tower teases?
idk if it was during tweez though

It was definitely not Franklin's Tower. 

mehead

Can't wait to listen to this first set. Especially Esther. Holy shit
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

anthrax

Last night was a drunken noob crowd.  Tonight the crowd was great.  I was amazed at how many people were high fiving and holding up 2 fingers while grinning ear to ear for the 2nd Mike's jam.  Heady show.  Loved it from start to finish although Frankenstein needs some practice!

rowjimmy

Tough one to see unfold half a country away but, I'm used to that. Or at least I would be if this band had been touring consistently for the past 15 years.

First set is good. I love the song selection and Trey's best run at Mockingbird since I don't know when the fuck ever.
I'm mid-way through the 2nd now. Just landed smoothly on Dirt. Love this song so much.

Lope was cool. Caring settled in a mellow space (for Carini) that I quite liked before Waves. That had died down and, a full minute+ before Tweezer kicks in you can hear Trey telegraph it to the band and anyone listening. Then they fiddle about in that watery space for a minute before RIFFAGE. Short Tweezer is short but not terrible and hey, it went into Dirt.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 10, 2015, 07:54:55 AM

First set is good. I love the song selection.

Absolutely.  Haven't heard a lick of this show yet but couldn't believe what my eyes were telling me last night when I first looked at the setlist.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

"If you feel a second drop of rain on that grassy knoll, you know there must be a second shitter on the grassy knoll"

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Bobafett

The first set was tits.  Long fuse got everyone smiling and bobbing.  Such a good groove.  Forbin/mockingbird was awesome. Saw it again was ripping.  Weigh and ester were nice gems I hadn't seen live since 00.    Sloth sanity and split were perfect caps to a great set. 

Second set had some meat outta the gate.  Carini was getting to some hosey-ness, the drop into waves wasn't smooth, but the move into tweezer was good and trippy.  Mikes was sick.  Second jam was good too.  Trey was obviously happy happy happy.  He was kicking beach balls around during paug.  Tweeprise blew the lid off.

Encore sent us home smiling! 

Thanks phish.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

emay

Havent made it that far in the show yet, but 2nd jam in mikes again??

emay

antelope 2nd set opener gives me chills. would have gone bonkers if i was there.